Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Why no wireless network showing

Why no wireless network showing

=?Utf-8?B?c3VubnkgbWFya3k=?=

I have a HP Compaq notebook running windows XP and for the last few weeks
have been going to places where there is free WIFI network hotspots, but My
computer will not recognise any wireless connections. The same message"There
are no wireless networks available". i try to repar connec tion but nothing
happens. What am I missing here? Surely I dont need a wireless card because
its built in so why will no network connection show up. What configurations
do I have to make with my comp. Its so frustration and I unable to get
support from seller . (Original HP retailer) because I am in another country
and they will not allow even email support in my language when I try to enter
my various original purchase numbers, can someone at Microsoft or a member of
our group help please/.. I have HP Compaq nx 6325, Windows XP...Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

"sunny marky" wrote:
> I have a HP Compaq notebook running windows XP and for the last few weeks
> have been going to places where there is free WIFI network hotspots, but My
> computer will not recognise any wireless connections. The same message"There
> are no wireless networks available". i try to repar connec tion but nothing
> happens. What am I missing here?

Please check if there is a little switch or button somewhere on the laptop
that turns the wireless radio ON. Until turned ON, it won't work.

> Its so frustration and I unable to get
> support from seller . (Original HP retailer) because I am in another country
> and they will not allow even email support in my language

What if you just email them in English like here?

> when I try to enter
> my various original purchase numbers, can someone at Microsoft or a member of
> our group help please/.. I have HP Compaq nx 6325, Windows XP...Thanks

Regards,
--PA

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

May be this can Help.
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"sunny marky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a HP Compaq notebook running windows XP and for the last few weeks
> have been going to places where there is free WIFI network hotspots, but
> My
> computer will not recognise any wireless connections. The same
> message"There
> are no wireless networks available". i try to repar connec tion but
> nothing
> happens. What am I missing here? Surely I dont need a wireless card
> because
> its built in so why will no network connection show up. What
> configurations
> do I have to make with my comp. Its so frustration and I unable to get
> support from seller . (Original HP retailer) because I am in another
> country
> and they will not allow even email support in my language when I try to
> enter
> my various original purchase numbers, can someone at Microsoft or a member
> of
> our group help please/.. I have HP Compaq nx 6325, Windows XP...Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Uml2ZXIgUmF0IEplcnJ5?=

Depending on wether or not your HP Laptop came with the 802.11B drivers only
,it may be required that you download the 802.11G Downloadable driver from
HP to allow your WI-FI work with the available "WI-FI Hotspots" in your
area, they are free to D/Load at HP.
I Quit HP and use Tosh.
Good Luck

"Pavel A." wrote:

> "sunny marky" wrote:
> > I have a HP Compaq notebook running windows XP and for the last few weeks
> > have been going to places where there is free WIFI network hotspots, but My
> > computer will not recognise any wireless connections. The same message"There
> > are no wireless networks available". i try to repar connec tion but nothing
> > happens. What am I missing here?

> Please check if there is a little switch or button somewhere on the laptop
> that turns the wireless radio ON. Until turned ON, it won't work.
>
> > Its so frustration and I unable to get
> > support from seller . (Original HP retailer) because I am in another country
> > and they will not allow even email support in my language

> What if you just email them in English like here?
>
> > when I try to enter
> > my various original purchase numbers, can someone at Microsoft or a member of
> > our group help please/.. I have HP Compaq nx 6325, Windows XP...Thanks

> Regards,
> --PA

Mark Simpson

I'm having exactly the same issue at home. When I turn on my HP Compaq Presario laptop it is intitially saying that no network is available. If I then move the laptop to right beside the wireless router, it finds the network and connects. I can then move the laptop back to where it was originally, where it tells me the signal strength is excellent.

I have updated the wireless adaptor drivers, and it's made no difference. This was happening very occasionally until about 2 weeks ago; now it happens every time.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Bob Lucas

<Mark Simpson> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm having exactly the same issue at home. When I turn on my HP
> Compaq Presario laptop it is intitially saying that no network is
> available. If I then move the laptop to right beside the wireless
> router, it finds the network and connects. I can then move the laptop
> back to where it was originally, where it tells me the signal strength
> is excellent.
>
> I have updated the wireless adaptor drivers, and it's made no
> difference. This was happening very occasionally until about 2 weeks
> ago; now it happens every time.

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com

I have experienced similar problems from time to time. The problem may
(or may not) be related to the default IP address, that your laptop has
allocated to the connection.

I found the following "workaround" usually works.

Right click on the wireless networking icon (on notification area of the
taskbar) and click on "View wireless networks". Then click on "refresh
network list". This usually forces the laptop to detect all networks in
range. If your laptop still does not detect any networks, right click
on the icon and select the "Repair" option.

If the wireless networking icon is missing from your taskbar, you can
access these menus via Control Panel / Network Connections.

If neither of these suggestions works, you may have a hardware problem
with your laptop or router.