Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > print solution for Win 2k/XP home network

print solution for Win 2k/XP home network

DC Gringo

I have a DLink router with two computers at home. One is a Win 2k
standalone in its own workgroup. The other is my work laptop for which i
logon with cached domain credentials. I've had some trouble getting these
two to talk to each other, although both have dynamically assigned IP
addresses in the 192.168.x.x. range.

What's the best way to get a printer on the network? It's an HP LaserJet
6P. I'm thinking about getting an HP print server. Will this slip into the
network without problems? What special configurations should I be expecting
to have to make? What should I look out for? Is there a better solution?

I've though also about an A/B switch but would prefer to avoid all the
cabling.
--
_____
DC G

TW

Go with the print server. You will be happy you did.
One reason is sharing a printer connected to a PC and printing to it(either
over the network or locally)will slow the PC while printing. The print
server uses its own resources to print, thus not affecting any PC.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...