Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Lexar JumpDrive Media

Lexar JumpDrive Media

linda_rhea@hotmail.com

I have an ancient JumpDrive (128MB) that my computer will not
communicate with. Is there a way to either retrieve the data or format
the drive to make it work again? I think I forgot to stop the drive
before unplugging it.

What's in a Name?

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) aka in 24hoursupport.helpdesk messageID
<(E-Mail Removed) .com> on 3/11/2007 at
8:42:03 PM after much thought,came up with this jewel:

> I have an ancient JumpDrive (128MB) that my computer will not
> communicate with. Is there a way to either retrieve the data or format
> the drive to make it work again? I think I forgot to stop the drive
> before unplugging it.

Just forget about it and throw it away! You can get a replacement for
under 10$ US.

max
--
Virus Removal Instructions http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
Keeping Windows Clean http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/keepingclean.html

west

On 11 Mar 2007 17:42:03 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I have an ancient JumpDrive (128MB) that my computer will not
>communicate with. Is there a way to either retrieve the data or format
>the drive to make it work again? I think I forgot to stop the drive
>before unplugging it.

Open the My Computer and select the device, right click and attempt to defrag
the device to see if it can fix any errors. If that doesn't work you can
reformat it from the same menu.
If it doesn't show up at all in my computer it most likely failed
electronically and data can not be retrieved.