Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Inbound DTMF

Inbound DTMF

Chris Blunt

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:04:36 GMT, "Herman"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> After serious thinking Herman wrote :
>>

>>> For info, I have always had issues with OUTbound DTMF on Sipgate (i.e.
>>> recognition by the final recipient) - one of the reasons I stopped using
>>> them

>> I would be surprised if that were not a configuration issue at your end.
>> Never had any (Sipgate) DTMF issues until my sister complained that she'd
>> not been able to collect her voicemail remotely.

>That's what I originally assumed too. I changed my mind when I had
>difficulties only with Sipgate and not with other providers on the same box
>(FritzBox). If someone can point me in the direction of what setting to
>change, I am happy to have my original assumption proved correct, but I fear
>this is not the case.
>
>BTW, I repeat your original request.:
>
>PLEASE DON'T JOIN THIS THREAD WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN HELPFUL COMMENTS
>:0)

I too used to have outgoing DTMF problems when I used Sipgate with a
Grandstream HandyTone-486 ATA. I could never find any DTMF setting
that worked reliably.

I recently upgraded my broadband router to a Vigor 2800VG, which has
VoIP built in, and I seem to have solved the problem now. This router
has two SIP INFO settings, "Nortel format" and "Cisco format". I found
that DTMF sometimes didn't work when set to Cisco, but it seems fine
when set to Nortel format.

Chris

Herman

"Chris Blunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:04:36 GMT, "Herman"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) d...

>>> I would be surprised if that were not a configuration issue at your end.
>>> Never had any (Sipgate) DTMF issues until my sister complained that
>>> she'd
>>> not been able to collect her voicemail remotely.

>>That's what I originally assumed too. I changed my mind when I had
>>difficulties only with Sipgate and not with other providers on the same
>>box
>>(FritzBox). If someone can point me in the direction of what setting to
>>change, I am happy to have my original assumption proved correct, but I
>>fear
>>this is not the case.
>>
>>BTW, I repeat your original request.:
>>
>>PLEASE DON'T JOIN THIS THREAD WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN HELPFUL COMMENTS
>>:0)

> I too used to have outgoing DTMF problems when I used Sipgate with a
> Grandstream HandyTone-486 ATA. I could never find any DTMF setting
> that worked reliably.
>
> I recently upgraded my broadband router to a Vigor 2800VG, which has
> VoIP built in, and I seem to have solved the problem now. This router
> has two SIP INFO settings, "Nortel format" and "Cisco format". I found
> that DTMF sometimes didn't work when set to Cisco, but it seems fine
> when set to Nortel format.
>
> Chris

I originally had this ATA too and I would have expected it to be problematic
because it is generally not well designed. I am however surprised that I
have issues with a FritzBox which is when I came to the conclusion it was
more provider-related than to do with my setup.

Again I am happy to be proved wrong, but I would have expected similar
issues from other providers, which is something I don't get.

Jono

Inbound DTMF problems on Sipgate now appears to be fixed.

aguynamedmo aguynamedmo is offline
Junior Member

Had this problem today, setting up IVR/Conference Server

1. Dialing on regular phone via sipgate - Inbound dtmf signals not recognised on the numbers, seems to recognise Hash/pound sign
2. Dialling in on softphone via sipgate - Perfectly fine
3. Dialling on regular phone via VoipTalk - Perfectly fine

So, seems to be a problem with the relay between there landline systems and there voip...

anyone got any solutions?

aguynamedmo aguynamedmo is offline
Junior Member

no they are not...im afraid..

aguynamedmo aguynamedmo is offline
Junior Member

ive given up with them and gone with voiptalk

voiptalk allow IPKALL (free usa number forwarding)
voiptalk have floorless inbound and outbound dtmf signals

keeping sipgate for a personal line only where it that kind of thing doesnt matter