Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > All FWD numbers in ENUM (and even PSTN)

All FWD numbers in ENUM (and even PSTN)

alvoip@kxe.net

Because ENUM resolution under +8781039311 does not work anymore, I
decided to take things into my own hands. So I registered the Austrian
ENUM number +43 780 393393 and defined all FWD numbers as extensions
behind that. The extensions are always 6 digits. 5 digit FWD numbers
have to be dialled with a leading zero, and the tree digit special
codes have to be dialled with three leading zeros. Thus ENUM
resolution is as follows:

+43 780 393393 123456 -> 123456 @ fwd.pulver.com
+43 780 393393 012345 -> 12345 @ fwd.pulver.com
+43 780 393393 000123 -> 123 @ fwd.pulver.com

Up to here it is simply a replacement for the defunct +878 solution.
But now for the more interesting part: +43780 is the Austrian ENUM-
only number range, which is automatically routed from the PSTN via
generic gateways. So from now on, every FWD mwmber also has a PSTN
number!

A mini-site with more information can be found at
http://43780393393.kxe.net

Philippe Deleye

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> But now for the more interesting part: +43780 is the Austrian ENUM-
> only number range, which is automatically routed from the PSTN via
> generic gateways. So from now on, every FWD mwmber also has a PSTN
> number!

Calling +43 780 393393 xxxxxx (from Belgian PST line): worked perfectly !
Calling +43 780 393393 xxxxxx (from my FritzBox, ENUM enabled) : worked
perfectly !
(xxxxxx = my own FWD number)

rgds
Philippe

alvoip@kxe.net

"Philippe Deleye" wrote

> Calling +43 780 393393 xxxxxx (from Belgian PST line): worked perfectly !
> Calling +43 780 393393 xxxxxx (from my FritzBox, ENUM enabled) : worked
> perfectly !
> (xxxxxx = my own FWD number)

Thanks a lot Philippe!

Mark

On 13 Mar 2007 12:58:51 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>"Philippe Deleye" wrote
>
>> Calling +43 780 393393 xxxxxx (from Belgian PST line): worked perfectly !
>> Calling +43 780 393393 xxxxxx (from my FritzBox, ENUM enabled) : worked
>> perfectly !
>> (xxxxxx = my own FWD number)

>Thanks a lot Philippe!

I get Number Unobtainable when calling from a BT line and a Voipfone
line to my 5-digit FWD number (prefixed by zero).

alvoip@kxe.net

Mark wrote:

> I get Number Unobtainable when calling from a BT line and a Voipfone
> line to my 5-digit FWD number (prefixed by zero).

Can you call +43 780 393393 000000 from your BT line and post the
results? You should hear an announcement telling you how many
extension digits were transmitted by the network.

Mark

On 13 Mar 2007 22:42:24 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Mark wrote:
>
>> I get Number Unobtainable when calling from a BT line and a Voipfone
>> line to my 5-digit FWD number (prefixed by zero).

>Can you call +43 780 393393 000000 from your BT line and post the
>results? You should hear an announcement telling you how many
>extension digits were transmitted by the network.

4 digits from my BT line.

(Voipfone didn't connect.)

HTH,

Mark

alvoip@kxe.net

Mark wrote:

> 4 digits from my BT line.

So I fear the UK is the first country with negative feedback: They
only transmit 15 total digits, which is unfortunately perfectly
compliant with ITU rules. So far I had only positive feedback from
several countries, meaning that in fact more than the ITU-recommended
15 digits get handled.

I would be very much interested in results from the United States.

Well, anyway, I did the project for the ENUM part, and there number
length should be no issue. The PSTN reachability is a goodie on top of
it, and I guess in a couple of weeks I will be able to compile a list
of countries from where it works and from where it doen't.

ian

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Mark
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>On 13 Mar 2007 22:42:24 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>Mark wrote:
>>
>>> I get Number Unobtainable when calling from a BT line and a Voipfone
>>> line to my 5-digit FWD number (prefixed by zero).

>>Can you call +43 780 393393 000000 from your BT line and post the
>>results? You should hear an announcement telling you how many
>>extension digits were transmitted by the network.

>4 digits from my BT line.
>
>(Voipfone didn't connect.)

Calling 00 43 780 393393 000000 from the UK:

1. Via NTL, "This system received <long pause>. Thank you for calling.
Goodbye." Voice quality very muffled.

2. Via Voipfone: No connection.

3. Via One.Tel: No connection.

4. Via DialWise (0844 861 4545): "The number cannot be reached."

--
Ian

Re: FWD account login "My FWD", gone completely now? Graham. UK VOIP 10 04-12-2009 10:20 AM
enum: display elements of an enum specified at runtime Jerminia Java 3 10-07-2005 10:08 PM
enum within an enum - Java 6 06-13-2005 12:51 AM
[Fwd: [Fwd: Online survey on agile practices adoption in softwareindustry]] Davide Carboni C Programming 0 12-18-2003 03:09 PM
Fwd Fwd Fwd Lonnie Reynolds Computer Support 3 11-17-2003 05:42 AM

Advertisments