Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VOIP to MSN and vice versa

VOIP to MSN and vice versa

Al

Hi,

I have a Siemens Gigaset 450 IP phone. This phone supports up to 6
VOIP entries. My goal is to be able to phone home from (ideally) MSN
or if this is not possible from some other software. I would also like
to referse to take place.

I am very new to VOIP and just got so overwhelmed with the number of
companies trying to sell their wares.

Thank You and regards,
Al

fa103

On Mar 10, 4:09 pm, "Al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Siemens Gigaset 450 IP phone. This phone supports up to 6
> VOIP entries. My goal is to be able to phone home from (ideally) MSN
> or if this is not possible from some other software. I would also like
> to referse to take place.
>
> I am very new to VOIP and just got so overwhelmed with the number of
> companies trying to sell their wares.
>
> Thank You and regards,
> Al

Hi Al,

You need a softphone with VoIP service. You can get a VoIP number
from www.connexin.co.uk by clicking sign up on the top right once you
have a username and VoIP password you need to download a softphone
that can be downloaded from http://www.connexin.co.uk/support.htm then
you're ready to go. I would however recommend you sign up to 2 VoIP
accounts with one provider such as connexin as cross network calls
tend to be free.

Any Probs or if u need more info feel free to get in touch.

Brian A

On 10 Mar 2007 12:12:44 -0800, "fa103" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Mar 10, 4:09 pm, "Al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a Siemens Gigaset 450 IP phone. This phone supports up to 6
>> VOIP entries. My goal is to be able to phone home from (ideally) MSN
>> or if this is not possible from some other software. I would also like
>> to referse to take place.
>>
>> I am very new to VOIP and just got so overwhelmed with the number of
>> companies trying to sell their wares.
>>
>> Thank You and regards,
>> Al

>Hi Al,
>
>You need a softphone with VoIP service. You can get a VoIP number
>from www.connexin.co.uk by clicking sign up on the top right once you
>have a username and VoIP password you need to download a softphone
>that can be downloaded from http://www.connexin.co.uk/support.htm then
>you're ready to go. I would however recommend you sign up to 2 VoIP
>accounts with one provider such as connexin as cross network calls
>tend to be free.
>
>Any Probs or if u need more info feel free to get in touch.

Just a few things for you to check out...

You don't say whether you are calling UK to UK or otherwise.
If just UK to Europe and US landlines then there is vyke.co.uk at
2p/call to these regions. No incoming number however - just for your
outgoing calls.
You can get a UK geo number from various providers and can use this
then wherever in the world you go. Check out
voip.co.uk , sipgate.co.uk

No need to mess about with friends having to be on their computer when
you want to call - just call their landlines. They can call you on
your geo number or, with SIP, directly to your sip address for free.
It is also possible to use sipbroker for calls to some providers but
it doesn't work with voip.co.uk
Check out sipbroker.com

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.