Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > voip.co.uk question

voip.co.uk question

TheMgt

Does anybody ever answer the voip.co.uk customer services number or do
you always have to leave a number on the answering machine for them to
call you back ?
Also, does anyone know if they'll port a BT number and what they charge
for this ?

Andy Lord

On Mar 10, 10:51 am, TheMgt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does anybody ever answer the voip.co.uk customer services number or do
> you always have to leave a number on the answering machine for them to
> call you back ?
> Also, does anyone know if they'll port a BT number and what they charge
> for this ?

They will port in BT numbers for 5 per port. I've never phoned them
but emails are answered reasonably promptly.

--

Andy

J Clavox

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:51:14 GMT, TheMgt <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Does anybody ever answer the voip.co.uk customer services number or do
>you always have to leave a number on the answering machine for them to
>call you back ?

I have spoke with them more times than I haven't if you do leave a
number they WILL call back but if you leave it an hour or two and try
again most times Chris will answer.

J Clavox

On 10 Mar 2007 03:04:37 -0800, "Andy Lord" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>They will port in BT numbers for 5 per port. I've never phoned them
>but emails are answered reasonably promptly.

Why the charge for BT numbers yet my two Vonage numbers where ported
for free ? .

Paul Cupis

J Clavox wrote:
> On 10 Mar 2007 03:04:37 -0800, "Andy Lord" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> They will port in BT numbers for 5 per port. I've never phoned them
>> but emails are answered reasonably promptly.

> Why the charge for BT numbers yet my two Vonage numbers where ported
> for free ? .

Perhaps the two completely different things have different costs to
voip.co.uk?

Scope

J Clavox wrote:
> On 10 Mar 2007 03:04:37 -0800, "Andy Lord" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>> They will port in BT numbers for 5 per port. I've never phoned them
>> but emails are answered reasonably promptly.

> Why the charge for BT numbers yet my two Vonage numbers where ported
> for free ? .

Perhaps Vonage can afford to offer you a free port because you pay over
the odds for your monthly line rental? voip.co.uk dont charge line
rental, or you can subscribe to their 1.99 uk package, so their incoming
on line rental isnt great, the opposit to vonage.

Linker3000

J Clavox wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:51:14 GMT, TheMgt <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Does anybody ever answer the voip.co.uk customer services number or do
>> you always have to leave a number on the answering machine for them to
>> call you back ?

> I have spoke with them more times than I haven't if you do leave a
> number they WILL call back but if you leave it an hour or two and try
> again most times Chris will answer.

That pretty Much sums it up - and Chris generally replies to emails
promptly and with good advice/feedback.

Herman

"Paul Cupis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:45f2c669.0@entanet...
>J Clavox wrote:
>> On 10 Mar 2007 03:04:37 -0800, "Andy Lord" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>> They will port in BT numbers for 5 per port. I've never phoned them
>>> but emails are answered reasonably promptly.

>> Why the charge for BT numbers yet my two Vonage numbers where ported
>> for free ? .

> Perhaps the two completely different things have different costs to
> voip.co.uk?

They can do all the work for porting Vonage themselves, so it should be very
quick and easy(one carrier involved). I wasn't charged either. BT porting
is necessarily a bit more involved and time-consuming because of the
multiple carriers.

clavox@btinternet.com

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:45:12 GMT, "Herman"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>They can do all the work for porting Vonage themselves, so it should be very
>quick and easy(one carrier involved). I wasn't charged either. BT porting
>is necessarily a bit more involved and time-consuming because of the
>multiple carriers.

Going on what Chris told me when I first contacted him about porting
he told me they had no problem with BT numbers but have had problems
with Vonage , on that bases one would think if charges where to be
levied they would be for numbers other than BT .

alexd

J Clavox wrote:

> On 10 Mar 2007 03:04:37 -0800, "Andy Lord" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:

>>They will port in BT numbers for 5 per port. I've never phoned them
>>but emails are answered reasonably promptly.

> Why the charge for BT numbers yet my two Vonage numbers where ported
> for free ?

Perhaps voip.co.uk and Vonage use the same wholesaler to provide their
services, and technically there is no "port" at all?

00:25:37 up 16 days, 4:38, 2 users, load average: 0.25, 0.22, 0.20
This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK