Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Bookmark recovery of only one item

Bookmark recovery of only one item

Baldy

How do I recover only 1 item from the Bookmarks.html file that I
exported from FF recently? This operation always scares me because
once before I "Imported" the backup file and ended up having double
bookmarks. Gag!

Thanks for help on this item,

Lukan

Baldy wrote:
> How do I recover only 1 item from the Bookmarks.html file that I
> exported from FF recently? This operation always scares me because
> once before I "Imported" the backup file and ended up having double
> bookmarks. Gag!
>
> Thanks for help on this item,

If it's just one thing why don't you just go to the site and then
bookmark it again?

.... if you have forgotten the site address open your bookmarks.html,
click it, then bookmark it again.

- Or have I misunderstood.

On Mar 9, 5:22 pm, "Baldy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How do I recover only 1 item from the Bookmarks.html file that I
> exported from FF recently? This operation always scares me because
> once before I "Imported" the backup file and ended up having double
> bookmarks. Gag!
>
> Thanks for help on this item,

its a long way but I know of no other. Make a backup copy of the
bookmarks.html file. Now, edit one of them and remove all the other
bookmarks except the one you need.

Now, if you want the rest of them, replace the backup copy with the
edited one.

Baldy

On Mar 9, 10:28 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Mar 9, 5:22 pm, "Baldy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > How do I recover only 1 item from the Bookmarks.html file that I
> > exported from FF recently? This operation always scares me because
> > once before I "Imported" the backup file and ended up having double
> > bookmarks. Gag!

> > Thanks for help on this item,

> its a long way but I know of no other. Make a backup copy of the
> bookmarks.html file. Now, edit one of them and remove all the other
> bookmarks except the one you need.
>
> Now, if you want the rest of them, replace the backup copy with the
> edited one.

Thank you Peter, that's the type reply I was looking for. Lukan's was
a bit off the mark probably because I didn't fully explain myself,
which wasn't his fault.

I should have thought of it myself, but for whatever reason I was head
up and locked.

Thanks again,
Don the Bald

Lukan

You said :

"How do I recover only 1 item from the Bookmarks.html file that I
exported from FF recently?"

..... obviously that wasn't what you meant to say.