Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Fritzbox question re dynamic IP

Fritzbox question re dynamic IP

Brian A

I cannot find an reference to this in the PDF for the Fritzbox Fon
7140. I guess all Fritzbox Fons will be similar.
On my current Netgear router there is provision to run dyndns - i.e. a
method of sending the current dynamic IP to dyndns.com so that it can
statically relate to a URL.
I see that some routers support this but some, such as a Buffalo I
checked out, do not.
Does the Fritzbox support this ??
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

▀°dincÁs▓░░░

Recently, Brian A popped out over the fence
around uk.telecom.voip and said...
|I cannot find an reference to this in the PDF for the Fritzbox Fon
|7140. I guess all Fritzbox Fons will be similar.
|On my current Netgear router there is provision to run dyndns - i.e. a
|method of sending the current dynamic IP to dyndns.com so that it can
|statically relate to a URL.
|I see that some routers support this but some, such as a Buffalo I
|checked out, do not.
|Does the Fritzbox support this ??
|Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Yes, all they do. Actually, mine is with no-ip.com and works like a
charm since September 2006.
HTH
--
▀°dincÁs▓░░░ - The Y2K Druid
----------------------------

Ivor Jones

"Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> I cannot find an reference to this in the PDF for the
> Fritzbox Fon 7140. I guess all Fritzbox Fons will be
> similar.
> On my current Netgear router there is provision to run
> dyndns - i.e. a method of sending the current dynamic IP
> to dyndns.com so that it can statically relate to a URL.
> I see that some routers support this but some, such as a
> Buffalo I checked out, do not.
> Does the Fritzbox support this ??

Yes, there is an option to set a dyndns or similar account. I use one
myself.

Ivor

Herman

"Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I cannot find an reference to this in the PDF for the Fritzbox Fon
> 7140. I guess all Fritzbox Fons will be similar.
> On my current Netgear router there is provision to run dyndns - i.e. a
> method of sending the current dynamic IP to dyndns.com so that it can
> statically relate to a URL.
> I see that some routers support this but some, such as a Buffalo I
> checked out, do not.
> Does the Fritzbox support this ??
> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

7050 works OK for me with dyndns.

Brian A

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 07:54:21 GMT, "Herman"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I cannot find an reference to this in the PDF for the Fritzbox Fon
>> 7140. I guess all Fritzbox Fons will be similar.
>> On my current Netgear router there is provision to run dyndns - i.e. a
>> method of sending the current dynamic IP to dyndns.com so that it can
>> statically relate to a URL.
>> I see that some routers support this but some, such as a Buffalo I
>> checked out, do not.
>> Does the Fritzbox support this ??
>> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

>7050 works OK for me with dyndns.

Thanks gentlemen. It is strange that they miss important things out
of the PDF manuals and their marketing.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Advice needed - FritzBox dialling rules Alan Foster UK VOIP 7 06-19-2013 07:30 AM
Sorry -another fritzbox question!! Nigel UK VOIP 10 03-31-2007 07:45 AM
FritzBox Divert Rules - delay time? Alan Foster UK VOIP 1 11-08-2006 11:43 PM
FritzBox Aidan Whitehouse UK VOIP 7 09-13-2006 08:52 PM
Fritzbox ATA is dropping incoming calls after about 4 seconds Jon UK VOIP 9 05-28-2006 06:42 PM

Advertisments