Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > password help

password help

angelo angelo is offline
Junior Member
Location: Elgin, IL

My boss get a laptop computer (among other desktops0 with the company that he bought. The only thing is as soon as he turns it on it tells him that it is password protected. It asks for the user password or the original admin password. I cant find a way around this. any ideas

yapsuepr yapsuepr is offline
Junior Member

Can't remember exactly, but I believe if you boot into safe mode, there is no password protection. I could be wrong about that. To boot into safe mode, hit f8 repeatedly upon turning the computer on. After you get in, just get the files you need, then reformat the computer.

nick VV nick VV is offline
Junior Member

it called a admin hack, open pc close it right away repoen push F8 select safe mode, now there should be an account called admin click it it shoun't be password potected and you now have full acess to the pc.

deyamag deyamag is offline
Junior Member
Location: Egypt-Giza-Dokki.

I think Hopeless.
forget it.

nusinc@msn.com nusinc@msn.com is offline
Junior Member
Location: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo
My boss get a laptop computer (among other desktops0 with the company that he bought. The only thing is as soon as he turns it on it tells him that it is password protected. It asks for the user password or the original admin password. I cant find a way around this. any ideas
I have the same problem with one of our computers that I install one of our older hard drives in. If anyone supplies you with an answer would you forward it to me at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)?
Thanks. John