Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Component cable question

Component cable question

cjdaytonjrnospam@cox.net

"P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> One of the biggest audio scams there is, right up there with the green
> "CD pen".
>
> Buy cheap speaker wire and you'll never notice the difference.

He's not talking about speaker wire, but component cable.

Chip

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

cjdaytonjrnospam@cox.net

> What is the best value of the money between Monster component cable or
> Acoustic Research component cable? the price is not that much
> different though, but Is Monster Cable really that good? I heard that
> Monster really that good compare to others? is that true?
> I am comparing Monster Video=AE 3 High-Resolution Component Video Cable
> http://www.monstercable.com/productd....asp?pin=3D241 and PRO II
> Serie
> http://www.araccessories.com/Culture...uct+Catalog.ht
> m?=
> ModelNum=3DPR190&CatalogNavigationBreadCrumbs=3DRe coton%20-%20Acoustic%20
> Re=
> search;Premium%20Interconnects;PRO%20II%20Series;V ideo;Component%20Video&
> Pr= oductDetail=3DYES
>
> thanks.

Step away from the Monster and Acoustic Reasearch cables! NOW!
Go to www.monoprice.com or www.svideo.com and buy the cables
there. Generics are just as good as high priced ones. Really!

mike888@berlin.com

What is the best value of the money between Monster component cable or
Acoustic Research component cable? the price is not that much
different though, but Is Monster Cable really that good? I heard that
Monster really that good compare to others? is that true?
I am comparing Monster VideoŽ 3 High-Resolution Component Video Cable
http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=241 and PRO II
Serie
http://www.araccessories.com/Culture...ductDetail=YES

thanks.

SoCalCommie

Neither. Both are overhyped advertizing BS.

SoCalCommie

"Behind every great fortune is a crime." - Honore de Balzac

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
What is the best value of the money between Monster component cable or
Acoustic Research component cable? the price is not that much
different though, but Is Monster Cable really that good? I heard that
Monster really that good compare to others? is that true?
I am comparing Monster VideoŽ 3 High-Resolution Component Video Cable
http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=241 and PRO II
Serie
http://www.araccessories.com/Culture...ductDetail=YES

thanks.

One of the biggest audio scams there is, right up there with the green "CD
pen".

Buy cheap speaker wire and you'll never notice the difference.

Cass Lewart

SoCalCommie ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote:
: Neither. Both are overhyped advertizing BS.

I agree 100%
Cass

: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
: What is the best value of the money between Monster component cable or
: Acoustic Research component cable? the price is not that much
: different though, but Is Monster Cable really that good? I heard that
: Monster really that good compare to others? is that true?
: I am comparing Monster VideoŽ 3 High-Resolution Component Video Cable
: http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=241 and PRO II
: Serie
: http://www.araccessories.com/Culture...ductDetail=YES

: thanks.

Karl S

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 12:04:37 GMT, SoCalCommie wrote:

> Neither. Both are overhyped advertizing BS.

I agree.

Here is a good place to buy excellent quality cables at reasonable prices:
http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp

Bill Jeffrey

> Step away from the Monster and Acoustic Research cables! NOW!
> Go to www.monoprice.com or www.svideo.com and buy the cables
> there. Generics are just as good as high priced ones. Really!
>
> Chip

Six out of six responses agree that Monster Cable and AR Cable are
overhyped BS. And you know what, boys? He's going to go out and buy one
of them anyway. And then come back to the group and regale us all with
how wonderful they are.

The BS'ers rely on the gullibility of such people - and apparently they
are successful.

Bill

No Way

On 9 Mar 2007 03:40:07 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>What is the best value of the money between Monster component cable or
>Acoustic Research component cable? the price is not that much
>different though, but Is Monster Cable really that good? I heard that
>Monster really that good compare to others? is that true?

Do yourself a favor and hop over to monoprice.com. You just can't go
wrong.

Ron

On Mar 9, 7:39 am, "P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> One of the biggest audio scams there is, right up there with the green "CD
> pen".
>
> Buy cheap speaker wire and you'll never notice the difference.

Guess you don't use Rain X on your CD's either?