Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ListBox Event

ListBox Event

=?Utf-8?B?QnJldA==?=

I have a Listbox that displays Names. When user selects a name then clicks a
button of the form, a SQL statement is run and the the resultant records
autofills into corresponding textboxes. I want to bypass the button and
just have the process execute when user selects the name in the listbox,
similar to the On_Click event in VBA. How can this be done or can it be done
in VWD?
thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFuaXNoIEJhZm5h?=

Hi,
If you are using ASP.NET 2.0(Visual Studio 2005) then you just need to AJAX
enable your ASP.NET website project.Relavant link for you is
http://ajax.asp.net.Thereafter you can place allt hese controls in
UpdatePanel and it will work like VBA Application
--
If my answer helped you,then please do press Yes below.
Thanks and Regards.

"Bret" wrote:

> I have a Listbox that displays Names. When user selects a name then clicks a
> button of the form, a SQL statement is run and the the resultant records
> autofills into corresponding textboxes. I want to bypass the button and
> just have the process execute when user selects the name in the listbox,
> similar to the On_Click event in VBA. How can this be done or can it be done
> in VWD?
> thanks.

Simply set the AutoPostback property of the Listbox to True.
Then no button click will be necessary.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,