Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Vista computer can only see itself on network

Vista computer can only see itself on network

Hanknyc

I just set up a new HP laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. Norton's
firewall for Vsta, which wa preinstalled on the computer, is running. But
even with Norton turned off the HP cannot see the other computers on the
home wireless network although they can see the HP. Can someone help?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
May be this can Help.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Hanknyc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:US5Ih.7926$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
>I just set up a new HP laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. Norton's
>firewall for Vsta, which wa preinstalled on the computer, is running. But
>even with Norton turned off the HP cannot see the other computers on the
>home wireless network although they can see the HP. Can someone help?

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyY2M=?=

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> May be this can Help.
> http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Hanknyc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:US5Ih.7926$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> >I just set up a new HP laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. Norton's
> >firewall for Vsta, which wa preinstalled on the computer, is running. But
> >even with Norton turned off the HP cannot see the other computers on the
> >home wireless network although they can see the HP. Can someone help?

I got the same problem, my Vista home premimum HP laptop cannot see any
other computers on my small home network. I have a mixed set of computers,
running Win2000, Linux, MacOSX and XP Pro. I have downloaded and installed
the LLTD Responder on the XP machines but that did NOT help. The Vista laptop
still cannot see them. Nor does this help give me a clue as to what to do
about getting my laptop to see the Win2000, Linux running Samba, or MacOSX
computers.