Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Call Oracle Stored Proceedure VB.NET

Call Oracle Stored Proceedure VB.NET

Problematic coder

I have a form based application that inputs values into various oracle
tables, after it has done this I want to call a stored proceedure in
Oracle which is already written to do more work on this data, it does
not return any values to vb nor does it expect any criteria or input.

I already have a connection to Oracle open using the following code:

Dim objcnn As New Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection(ConnectStr)
Dim objcom As Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand
objcnn.Open()
objcom = New Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand(strSQLinsert, objcnn)
objcom.ExecuteNonQuery()

Assuming the stored proceedure is named "my_proc" could I use a
similar command like:

objcom = New Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand(strCallMyProc, objcnn)

If so what would strCallMyProc = ?

If not how else could I or should I call it?

Thanks