Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Hardware Models?

Hardware Models?

Mike Kopp

About 10 years ago I used a hardware modeler to simulate an existing
IC to create a functional replacement. It worked well. I think it
was an LM-1200 and Synopsys had recently purchased the company that
made them. We have another program coming up where such a capability
would be useful so I looked to see what the state of the worlkd is in
hardware modellers and didn't have much luck.

On Synopsys' web site I can find old documentation on the modelers but
no sign that they are a current product. Does anyone know if these
types of things still exist?