Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > does anyone have the cd for the WGT624 (v3) wireless router?

does anyone have the cd for the WGT624 (v3) wireless router?

kirk jim

I am looking for the cd that goes with the above wireless router...
the site does not have the cd as a download...

and the person who has this, has lost it! it has an easy setup wizard that
we need.

if anyone could make an iso or zip the cds contents and upload it to
http://fileho.com and send me the link it would be great!

thanks

Curt Christianson

I've used the "easy wizard" on another one of their products, and it wasn't
so easy.

All you really need is the manual which will guide you through the process
and possibly the firmware update. Both are available on this page:

http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/WGT624v3.asp

--
HTH,
Curt

Windows Support Center
http://aumha.org/

"kirk jim" <11@11.11> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am looking for the cd that goes with the above wireless router...
> the site does not have the cd as a download...
>
> and the person who has this, has lost it! it has an easy setup wizard that
> we need.
>
> if anyone could make an iso or zip the cds contents and upload it to
> http://fileho.com and send me the link it would be great!
>
> thanks

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
The CD is Not going to provide big help, since you need special setting.
Since your modem already Routes you wan to avoid double Routing.
Giving your specific predicament you need to invest some time learning how
to se the Router Manually.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"kirk jim" <11@11.11> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am looking for the cd that goes with the above wireless router...
> the site does not have the cd as a download...
>
> and the person who has this, has lost it! it has an easy setup wizard that
> we need.
>
> if anyone could make an iso or zip the cds contents and upload it to
> http://fileho.com and send me the link it would be great!
>
> thanks

kirk jim

> Giving your specific predicament you need to invest some time learning how
> to se the Router Manually.

Yep indeed.. thanx

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> The CD is Not going to provide big help, since you need special setting.
> Since your modem already Routes you wan to avoid double Routing.
> Giving your specific predicament you need to invest some time learning how
> to se the Router Manually.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "kirk jim" <11@11.11> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am looking for the cd that goes with the above wireless router...
>> the site does not have the cd as a download...
>>
>> and the person who has this, has lost it! it has an easy setup wizard
>> that we need.
>>
>> if anyone could make an iso or zip the cds contents and upload it to
>> http://fileho.com and send me the link it would be great!
>>
>> thanks

=?Utf-8?B?bmFzcw==?=

"kirk jim" wrote:

> I am looking for the cd that goes with the above wireless router...
> the site does not have the cd as a download...
>
> and the person who has this, has lost it! it has an easy setup wizard that
> we need.
>
> if anyone could make an iso or zip the cds contents and upload it to
> http://fileho.com and send me the link it would be great!
>
> thanks

http://kbserver.netgear.com/release_notes/d102982.asp
http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/WGT624v3.asp
Does this help?.
HTH.
nass

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi Kirk.

I think that you are making a mistake by spreading around so many partial
posts since people are not aware of the whole scope, and give reasonable
answers, with very good intentions, but they do Not pertaining to your
specific predicament.

Between the link in my initial post ( http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html ),
and Lem's reiteration and IP number adjustment, you have a solution.
Netgear info is very good in general, but it assumes normal installation of
their hardware, and not the type of configuration that you need.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"kirk jim" <11@11.11> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am looking for the cd that goes with the above wireless router...
> the site does not have the cd as a download...
>
> and the person who has this, has lost it! it has an easy setup wizard that
> we need.
>
> if anyone could make an iso or zip the cds contents and upload it to
> http://fileho.com and send me the link it would be great!
>
> thanks

kirk jim

Yes, jack and Lem. You two have provided all the answers I need...

The other post about the cd was requested from my friend..
so I posted for her since she doesnt have internet.

I hope this clarifies things.

thanks

news:Oo$(E-Mail Removed)...