Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus SP-550 SuperZoom

Olympus SP-550 SuperZoom

pro

Does anybody know when is DPreview publishing a complete review of this
marvelous camera?
I predict a luminous "Highly Recommended"!

Thanks in advance,
Pro.

hl@helsinki.fi.invalid

pro wrote:
> Does anybody know when is DPreview publishing a complete review of this
> marvelous camera?
> I predict a luminous "Highly Recommended"!

Not so sure about your prediction... A Swedish review gives it high
points for everything - except image quality.

> Thanks in advance,
> Pro.

Michael Meissner

"pro" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Does anybody know when is DPreview publishing a complete review of this
> marvelous camera?
> I predict a luminous "Highly Recommended"!

The reviewer for p&s/prosumer cameras (Simon) has said he has the camera now,
and there should be a review in a week or so.

--
Michael Meissner
http://www.the-meissners.org

Jack Splat =\(8\)

news:(E-Mail Removed)-meissners.org...

--

Looks like a nice camera. I just wish Oly has the xD cards up their ass.

=(

stuuder

Megapixel.net has an upcoming review

hl@helsinki.fi.invalid

pro wrote:
> Does anybody know when is DPreview publishing a complete review of this
> marvelous camera?
> I predict a luminous "Highly Recommended"!

Now there is an in-depth-review of this camera:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ol...ew/index.shtml

Caesar Romano

On 20 Mar 2007 02:40:56 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)lid wrote Re Re:
Olympus SP-550 SuperZoom:

>pro wrote:
>> Does anybody know when is DPreview publishing a complete review of this
>> marvelous camera?
>> I predict a luminous "Highly Recommended"!

>Now there is an in-depth-review of this camera:
>
>http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ol...ew/index.shtml

Junk

1) 4 AA NiMH batteries that need to be kept in a trickle charger
2) in/out lense makes attachments a pain
3) too small for SLR "feel", too large for a pocket camera

Oly blew it again.

kinga202NOSPAM@hotmail.com

On Mar 20, 9:04 pm, Caesar Romano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 20 Mar 2007 02:40:56 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote Re Re:
> Olympus SP-550 SuperZoom:
>
> >pro wrote:
> >> Does anybody know when is DPreview publishing a complete review of this
> >> marvelous camera?
> >> I predict a luminous "Highly Recommended"!

> >Now there is an in-depth-review of this camera:

> >http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ol...ew/index.shtml

> Junk
>
> 1) 4 AA NiMH batteries that need to be kept in a trickle charger
> 2) in/out lense makes attachments a pain
> 3) too small for SLR "feel", too large for a pocket camera
>
> Oly blew it again.

Agreed, u missed XD rubbish too, which fellow user Fujifilm is slowely
getting its way out of it...

Other than the monster lens [which u most likely will hardly ever use
fully] its a pretty average job

WAY WAY overpriced too, a few more average reports and the price will
be slashed big time

Stick with the usual players....

Kinga 202

hl@helsinki.fi.invalid

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Mar 20, 9:04 pm, Caesar Romano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Oly blew it again.

> Agreed, u missed XD rubbish too, which fellow user Fujifilm is slowely
> getting its way out of it...

Olympus is also working itself out of xD, though not in the SP-550.
The newly announced SLRs E-410 and E-510 accept xD AND Compact Flash
cards.

Alan Hoyle

On 20 Mar 2007 11:46:29 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)lid wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Mar 20, 9:04 pm, Caesar Romano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Oly blew it again.

>> Agreed, u missed XD rubbish too, which fellow user Fujifilm is slowely
>> getting its way out of it...

> Olympus is also working itself out of xD, though not in the SP-550.
> The newly announced SLRs E-410 and E-510 accept xD AND Compact Flash
> cards.

Not quite, somewhat the opposite in fact. The E-1 and E-300 were both
CF only, but subsequent models (E-500, E-330, and the two you mention)
all have both CF and xD slots. In contrast, the Panasonic DMC-L1 and
rebranded Leica Digilux 3 (which share some parts and internal design
with the 330/300) have SD slots.

-alan

--
Alan Hoyle - (E-Mail Removed) - http://www.alanhoyle.com/