Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > test scores????

test scores????

Ginnie

Does anyone know the passing scores for the MCSE or MCSA
tests... Can you point me in the right direction???

|{evin

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:18:02 -0800, "Ginnie"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anyone know the passing scores for the MCSE or MCSA
>tests... Can you point me in the right direction???

What would it matter? You'll know if you passed or not when you finish
the test. Knowing the magic number beforehand won't help you any.

=?Utf-8?B?Sko=?=

Thanks for nothing JERK!!!

=?Utf-8?B?RXJpayBLaXJ3aW4=?=

Between 600 and 700, each test has a different pass score, some will show you the number at the beginning of the test.

Dave Marden

What does 600 - 700 mean, is there a common percentage of
the questions asked?

Dave Marden

I found this at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...q/procedures.a
sp

I hope this helps, it says that as of SBS 2003
certifications you need 700 on all tests to pass, and that
the maximum points possible on the tests varies depending
on how hard the test is.

Q. What does my score mean?

A. Beginning with the release of the Microsoft Windows
ServerT 2003-related exams, Microsoft will provide
numerical scores on exams. By the end of September 2003,
most exams will have the new score report format, which
includes this numerical score. Microsoft has worked with
customers and testing industry experts to create an exam
scale that would be consistent across all exams. The new
scale requires a minimum passing score of 700 on all
exams. The maximum score on the exams will vary depending
on the complexity of the skills being measured.

Andy Foster

"Ginnie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<06aa01c3dcc1$a95bcb30$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Does anyone know the passing scores for the MCSE or MCSA
> tests... Can you point me in the right direction???

For MCSE you need to get at least 7 passes.
Don't know off the top of my head how many you need for MCSA, but you
can find out at http://www.microsoft.com/learning

If you search for "scores" in this NG via groups.google.com you might
find answers to many, many similar questions.

HTH

Andy

|{evin

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:26:05 -0800, "JJ"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks for nothing JERK!!!

Anytime, ass****er.

Brat

wrong... I know Exhange 2000 (224) had a pass mark of 645... another had a
pass mark of over 740 (70-219)

--
Sue Thugette #69

"Dave Marden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:015601c3dce6$b714fa60$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I found this at
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...q/procedures.a
> sp
>
> I hope this helps, it says that as of SBS 2003
> certifications you need 700 on all tests to pass, and that
> the maximum points possible on the tests varies depending
> on how hard the test is.
>

> Q. What does my score mean?
>
> A. Beginning with the release of the Microsoft Windows
> ServerT 2003-related exams, Microsoft will provide
> numerical scores on exams. By the end of September 2003,
> most exams will have the new score report format, which
> includes this numerical score. Microsoft has worked with
> customers and testing industry experts to create an exam
> scale that would be consistent across all exams. The new
> scale requires a minimum passing score of 700 on all
> exams. The maximum score on the exams will vary depending
> on the complexity of the skills being measured.

Marlin (the PFY) Munrow

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks for nothing JERK!!!

www.cramsession.com has a great break down on every exam including
relative difficulty number of questions and allotted time

Click the exam link you're interested in on this page

http://www.cramsession.com/certifica.../mcse-2000.asp

good luck!

"We require rigidly defined areas of
doubt and uncertainty!"