Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Stations do not see each other.

Stations do not see each other.

BSvK

I have two computers with wireless network. One (Host) has ethernet Internet
connection with DSL modem and wireles is set as soft AP. It runs Windows XP
64.
The other (Client) has wireless set as infrastructure and runs Windows XP
Home or Linux. Both computers can access Internet with no problems. Also,
wireless physical layer seems fine since ping from one to the other or to
Internet returns a response <1ms. But file sharing or printer sharing does
not work. Both computers see the network, Host sees itself in the network
but does not see Client, while Client does not see even itself there.
Disabling firewall does not help neither does trying changing user accounts,
using administrators or guests accounts. I have experimanted with various
parameters for quite a while but with no luck. I anybody has any suggestions
I would be very graateful.

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmtDaGlu?=

Did you try "turning off" firewalls on all of them, and start from there??

"BSvK" wrote:

> I have two computers with wireless network. One (Host) has ethernet Internet
> connection with DSL modem and wireles is set as soft AP. It runs Windows XP
> 64.
> The other (Client) has wireless set as infrastructure and runs Windows XP
> Home or Linux. Both computers can access Internet with no problems. Also,
> wireless physical layer seems fine since ping from one to the other or to
> Internet returns a response <1ms. But file sharing or printer sharing does
> not work. Both computers see the network, Host sees itself in the network
> but does not see Client, while Client does not see even itself there.
> Disabling firewall does not help neither does trying changing user accounts,
> using administrators or guests accounts. I have experimanted with various
> parameters for quite a while but with no luck. I anybody has any suggestions
> I would be very graateful.

BSvK

"BSvK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have two computers with wireless network. One (Host) has ethernet
>Internet connection with DSL modem and wireles is set as soft AP. It runs
>Windows XP 64.
> The other (Client) has wireless set as infrastructure and runs Windows XP
> Home or Linux. Both computers can access Internet with no problems. Also,
> wireless physical layer seems fine since ping from one to the other or to
> Internet returns a response <1ms. But file sharing or printer sharing does
> not work. Both computers see the network, Host sees itself in the network
> but does not see Client, while Client does not see even itself there.
> Disabling firewall does not help neither does trying changing user
> accounts, using administrators or guests accounts. I have experimanted
> with various parameters for quite a while but with no luck. I anybody has
> any suggestions I would be very graateful.

I did try do switch off firewals but it did not help. Could it be that
Windows XP 64 cannot comunicate with Windows XP Home ?