Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sound playback hiccups when browsing internet

Sound playback hiccups when browsing internet

John Gelanzes

is there a way of stopping "hiccups" or glitching sound? I play mp3 and wav
files while surfing (sometimes) and often there are skips in playback.

Thanks for your help.

Robert

WhzzKdd

"John Gelanzes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> is there a way of stopping "hiccups" or glitching sound? I play mp3 and
> wav files while surfing (sometimes) and often there are skips in playback.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Ummmm....There's a myriad of things that could cause skipping like that.

How fast is your processor? Do you have a good audio card? How much RAM do
you have? Is your hard drive getting full? What is your operating system?
Does it skip if you're NOT on the web? Have you checked to be sure nothing
extra is running? What program are you playing your music with?

Evan Platt

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:38:59 -0800, "John Gelanzes"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>is there a way of stopping "hiccups" or glitching sound? I play mp3 and wav
>files while surfing (sometimes) and often there are skips in playback.
>
>Thanks for your help.

Ok, you're using Outlook Express, so I can only guess you're maybe
using Windows XP.

But, I can't even fathom to guess what web browser, or what program
you are using to play themse mp3's, and other details about your
computer - memory, processor speed, etc.

Ian

"John Gelanzes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> is there a way of stopping "hiccups" or glitching sound? I play mp3 and
> wav files while surfing (sometimes) and often there are skips in playback.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Robert

You need to stop using a USB modem, it's overloading your processor.

John Holmes

Evan Platt "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:38:59 -0800, "John Gelanzes"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>is there a way of stopping "hiccups" or glitching sound? I play mp3
>>and wav files while surfing (sometimes) and often there are skips in
>>playback.
>>
>>Thanks for your help.

> Ok, you're using Outlook Express, so I can only guess you're maybe
> using Windows XP.
>
> But, I can't even fathom to guess what web browser, or what program
> you are using to play themse mp3's, and other details about your
> computer - memory, processor speed, etc.

You can't even fathom to guess what web browser, or what program
you are using to play mp3's, and other details about your
own system, you useless ****.

--
Your mother was a lackadaisical con artist who drew all her self-esteem
from vodka in caves.

Soundblaster

"Ian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45ef1f28$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "John Gelanzes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> is there a way of stopping "hiccups" or glitching sound? I play mp3 and
>> wav files while surfing (sometimes) and often there are skips in
>> playback.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Robert
>>

> You need to stop using a USB modem, it's overloading your processor.

LMFAO