Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > nice?

nice?

robert

> Absolutely. Do remember though that if you are on cable, you will have to
> use one of the LAN ports as a WAN port instead on any of the FritzBoxes.
>
> It functions adequately for what I want although you do need to wire in the
> third socket.

So, if i want just a good phone adapter, without any router functions,
needed to use it with 3 different Sip providers, which one do u think
would be the best one? Is there any one of this with a PBX free
service?

thanks!

Herman

"robert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Absolutely. Do remember though that if you are on cable, you will have
>> use one of the LAN ports as a WAN port instead on any of the FritzBoxes.
>>
>> It functions adequately for what I want although you do need to wire in
>> the
>> third socket.

> So, if i want just a good phone adapter, without any router functions,
> needed to use it with 3 different Sip providers, which one do u think
> would be the best one? Is there any one of this with a PBX free
> service?
>
> thanks!

Don't get number of phone ports confused with number of providers. My 7050
handles up to 10 SIP accounts and any or all can be assigned to any or all
of the three phone ports on the 7050. You can then use simple call routing
to override the default account for outgoing calls if required. It can also
be configured as a switch if required, although you should consider putting
it first in line on the network to ensure call quality.

I believe the basic Fritzboxes also handle up to 10 SIP accounts but with
less ports, so this may be sufficient for your requirements if you only need
one or two phone ports.