Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Remote command

Remote command

Boris Savc

I'd like to write a small script fro windows clients (XP). The script would
just wait for the commands from outside. That means that I'd be able to run
for instance notepad from my linux machine!

Can you give me some pointers of direction and language to choose. Where to
start my search for knowledge? Is it possible to do this with C?

Thanks for helping,
Boris

Kai-Uwe Bux

Boris Savc wrote:

> I'd like to write a small script fro windows clients (XP). The script
> would just wait for the commands from outside. That means that I'd be able
> to run for instance notepad from my linux machine!

Are you sure that there is no program/protocol out there that does that
already?

> Can you give me some pointers of direction and language to choose. Where
> to start my search for knowledge? Is it possible to do this with C?

Maybe. However, C is off-topic in this group; and so are scripting
languages. Here, we discuss standard C++ only. And to answer the next
obvious follow up question right away, in C++ you would have to rely on
OS-specific libraries for doing what you want. There is a C++ library FAQ
somewhere out there on the net that may contain pointers. Other than that,
those libraries are off-topic in this group and you would need to inquire
in news groups dedicated to your target platform.

Best

Kai-Uwe Bux