Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > server 2003 smtp

server 2003 smtp

shawn

i can not get smtp or pop3 to work correctly on 2003
server.

TESTI

I cannot get a supermodel to love me for who I am where I
am ...

Benny

Are there anything shown on your SMTP logs which might be
out of the norm?

smtp service turned on?

bob

are you sure your useing win'03 server????? Try using
exchange server

=?Utf-8?B?TWFya28=?=

----- shawn wrote: ----

i can not get smtp or pop3 to work correctly on 2003
server

I'm guessing you may now realise this is not enough information

Go to a command prompt
Type "telnet [IP you assigned to SMPT] 25
If you get any type of response, other than timed out, then i
is working. If "could not open port..." is your friend then SMP
is not configured and is not running. Did you even create a virtual server

POP3 is a function of Exchange product. Since you did not mention Exchange
most of us will be assuming you didn't install it.

Consultant

what errors are you getting?
are you behind a firewall?
need more details.

"shawn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:074201c3db04$f17b2f00$(E-Mail Removed)...
> i can not get smtp or pop3 to work correctly on 2003
> server.

Someone

Your problem is Security Windows 2003 Server is Locked down By default
Unlike Nt or 2000 or Xp
MS has Bolted every thing down nice and tight You will need to Dip down in
to the security templates
and find the settings you need to Activate the Services and Ports you want
to use ..

M.E.M