Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Asking for guidance

Asking for guidance

Sumit

Hello! I I am new to this group and a beginner in C programming. I
want to know that now should I give more importance in learning
programming fundamentals and program solving or on good programming
practices like including comments in programmes and using functions.
Can anyone help me out there

user923005

On Mar 5, 10:28 am, "Sumit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello! I I am new to this group and a beginner in C programming. I
> want to know that now should I give more importance in learning
> programming fundamentals and program solving or on good programming
> practices like including comments in programmes and using functions.
> Can anyone help me out there

The most important thing for a new beginner is to learn what is
correct and what is not correct.
In other words, learn correctly the rules for the compuer language (in
this case C).

After you understand these things, then you need to learn how to write
clear, effective, portable code.

After you understand clear, effective portable code, then learn the
fundamental nature of algorithms. Otherwise, you will not only
reinvent the wheel, but your wheel will have sharp corners on it and
fall off when you exceed 18 MPH.

IMO-YMMV.

Clever Monkey

Sumit wrote:
> Hello! I I am new to this group and a beginner in C programming. I
> want to know that now should I give more importance in learning
> programming fundamentals and program solving or on good programming
> practices like including comments in programmes and using functions.
> Can anyone help me out there

Yes.

If you want to code in C you need to know the language, and you also
need to know something about coding in general. How you weight these
depends on how you are learning the language.

Learn by practising your craft. In this case this means learning how to
create correct programs based on the C standard language. This will
naturally grow into what "correctness" means.

Malcolm McLean

"Sumit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> Hello! I I am new to this group and a beginner in C programming. I
> want to know that now should I give more importance in learning
> programming fundamentals and program solving or on good programming
> practices like including comments in programmes and using functions.
> Can anyone help me out there

You need both.
When you were learning to write you had to learn how to form the letters,
how to lay out paragraphs, how to spell and so forth. You also had to learn
how to set out your ideas effectively.

Ultimately the fundamentals are more important, setting out the ideas, if
you like. However it is a lot easier for everyone if you also learn how to
use a compiler.

--
Free games and programming goodies.
http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~bgy1mm

santosh

Sumit wrote:
> Hello! I I am new to this group and a beginner in C programming. I
> want to know that now should I give more importance in learning
> programming fundamentals and program solving or on good programming
> practices like including comments in programmes and using functions.
> Can anyone help me out there

Since thoughts are expressed in a language, you do need to correctly
learn at least one language. You can pick up good programming
practises and algorithms through time by a combination of practise,
reading good books, participating in expert forums like this one, and
thinking by yourself.

MPLS Guidance Mark Cisco 2 11-11-2005 12:16 PM
Certification Guidance Azi Farooquee MCSE 1 03-05-2004 01:27 AM
MCP looking for guidance Storm MCSE 4 03-04-2004 07:01 PM
Guidance Needed for MCSD .net exam Kishor Jadhav MCSD 1 02-11-2004 09:12 AM
Re: Coding a c# wrapper class to unmanaged C++ program, need some guidance Brendan Duffy ASP .Net 0 07-25-2003 12:49 AM

Advertisments