Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Joinning networks

Joinning networks

=?Utf-8?B?THVpcyBSYW1vcw==?=

I have two networks working individually with ip ranges 192.168.0.x and 192.168.1.
Now i want them to communicate with each other
Is it possible using a windows 2000 server router and it´s capabilities? how
thank
Luis

Rowdy Yates

"=?Utf-8?B?THVpcyBSYW1vcw==?=" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have two networks working individually with ip ranges 192.168.0.x
> and 192.168.1.x Now i want them to communicate with each other.
> Is it possible using a windows 2000 server router and it´s
> capabilities? how? thanks
> Luis

Yup, it's possible. NAT...Routing & Remote Access...e.t.c...

--
The Champ comes out swinging every morning @ 9AM.
Remove the "removethis" from email address to email me.

Yep, install RRAS on win2k server, with 2 NICs...
Configure it as a Router between two NICs assigned with
192.168.1.X and 192.168.0.X IP addresses..

192.168.0.x and 192.168.1.x
>Now i want them to communicate with each other.
>Is it possible using a windows 2000 server router and

it´s capabilities? how?
>thanks
>Luis
>.

Dragon

If both networks are local, and you really don't need to keep anything
separate, just changes the subnet mast on both networks and you can avoid
routing. Unless of course you really want routing.

HTH
Dragon

news:(E-Mail Removed)...