Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Pay Pal Account, Alternate Payment Method

Reply
Thread Tools

Pay Pal Account, Alternate Payment Method

 
 
Brad
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-06-2007
Hi,

I would like to open an account at Pay Pal so I can purchase something,
but I do NOT want to use my credit card, debit card, or have a "link" to
my bank account.

I went to Pay Pal and searched their web site to see if it is possible to
send a certified check or money order to open an account and pay
their service charge, but I failed to find such information. I couldn't
find an email address to send an email. I called there customer service
number (not toll free), but due a large volume of calls, I had to hang up
after waiting over 10 minutes with no idea how much longer I would have to
wait.

Does anyone know if it is possible to open an account at Pay Pal
and use a certified check or money order to put into the account,
plus pay the service fee?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc.,
be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bob Terwilliger
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-07-2007
Brad wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to open an account at Pay Pal so I can purchase something,
> but I do NOT want to use my credit card, debit card, or have a "link" to
> my bank account.
>
> I went to Pay Pal and searched their web site to see if it is possible to
> send a certified check or money order to open an account and pay
> their service charge, but I failed to find such information. I couldn't
> find an email address to send an email. I called there customer service
> number (not toll free), but due a large volume of calls, I had to hang up
> after waiting over 10 minutes with no idea how much longer I would have to
> wait.
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible to open an account at Pay Pal
> and use a certified check or money order to put into the account,
> plus pay the service fee?
>
> Thanks in advance, Brad
>
> Before you type your password, credit card number, etc.,
> be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.
>


Just open a savings account at some bank and keep next to nothing in
there until you want to make a purchase via Pay Pal. Then tell those Pay
Pal zipper heads (google on Pay Pal for some scary stories) that you
don't have a credit card, and simply give them your bank info for the
brand new shiny savings account.

Bob
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
traveller 66
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-07-2007
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 21:30:39 -0600, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> Brad wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to open an account at Pay Pal so I can purchase something,
>> but I do NOT want to use my credit card, debit card, or have a "link" to
>> my bank account.
>>
>> I went to Pay Pal and searched their web site to see if it is possible to
>> send a certified check or money order to open an account and pay
>> their service charge, but I failed to find such information. I couldn't
>> find an email address to send an email. I called there customer service
>> number (not toll free), but due a large volume of calls, I had to hang up
>> after waiting over 10 minutes with no idea how much longer I would have to
>> wait.
>>
>> Does anyone know if it is possible to open an account at Pay Pal
>> and use a certified check or money order to put into the account,
>> plus pay the service fee?
>>
>> Thanks in advance, Brad
>>
>> Before you type your password, credit card number, etc.,
>> be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.
>>

>
> Just open a savings account at some bank and keep next to nothing in
> there until you want to make a purchase via Pay Pal. Then tell those Pay
> Pal zipper heads (google on Pay Pal for some scary stories) that you
> don't have a credit card, and simply give them your bank info for the
> brand new shiny savings account.
>
> Bob


Take a moment and visit www.paypalsucks.com and that's only one site.
 
Reply With Quote
 
nah@goog.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-07-2007
In article <13bvhyo7r9vaj.srxjpqg6nio2$(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
>
> >>

> >
> > Just open a savings account at some bank and keep next to nothing in
> > there until you want to make a purchase via Pay Pal. Then tell those Pay
> > Pal zipper heads (google on Pay Pal for some scary stories) that you
> > don't have a credit card, and simply give them your bank info for the
> > brand new shiny savings account.
> >
> > Bob

>
> Take a moment and visit www.paypalsucks.com and that's only one site.
>


About the only good thing is how much less they suck than google.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pay Pal, Alternate Payment for an Account Brad Computer Information 1 03-06-2007 02:29 PM
what's 'alternate' in <link rel=alternate>? Chris ASP .Net 2 03-04-2007 04:45 PM
Alternate initializers or alternate class? transfire@gmail.com Ruby 10 07-17-2006 03:20 AM
PAL to PAL Mickey Mouse DVD Video 8 01-30-2006 02:51 PM
pal-i and pal-b boon Computer Support 2 01-28-2004 10:37 PM



Advertisments