Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > LCD Monitor, Part II

LCD Monitor, Part II

Magnusfarce

This is a variation on the question I asked a few posts back, but different
enough to warrant a new post. For a new monitor that I will use to some
extent to work on digital photos (and some video, too), I'm looking at
buying the ViewsonicVG2021, a 20 inch with 1400 x 1050 resolution, 500:1
contrast and 8 ms response time. Probably not 8-bit color for $250. By
comparison, the NEC Multisync LCD20WMG2 has considerably better specs (1680
x 1050 resolution, 1600:1 contrast, 470 brightness) and carries a price tag
about twice the Viewsonic.

Question: What is the extra money buying me in terms of practical use?
Will I see a noticeable difference when viewing or editing a higher res
image off my DSLR? Or are displays like this useful only to higher end
(pro) users? Thanks in advance for any help.

- Magnusfarce

P.S. I noticed that NEC doesn't even list response times for their
monitors. Is this because they couldn't care less about gaming, and are
aimed more at graphics?

Wayne

accurate details and color not only rely on the specification.
do a side by side comparison.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...