Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > What's with Clubphoto.com

What's with Clubphoto.com

phk

I've used this site for a couple of years for processing of digital
photos, but their service stinks lately.

Anybody know what's going on?

What I liked was the little albums they print, spiral bound with
plastic cover and spiral binder.

jkelling@gmail.com

On Mar 5, 3:37 pm, "phk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've used this site for a couple of years for processing of digital
> photos, but their service stinks lately.
>
> Anybody know what's going on?
>
> What I liked was the little albums they print, spiral bound with
> plastic cover and spiral binder.

Yes, unfortunately, I do. They closed their doors today, without any
notice.

How do I know? Well, what you may not know is that not only did
clubPhoto have a consumer business, but they also did the backend
printing for a LOT of companies, including ours - www.fototime.com.
Without any notice, they closed the doors today, leaving a ton of
orders from us un-printed and un-shipped. Not only did they strand
us, and their own customers, but they also stranded a lot of other
companies like us that used them as their backend printing company.

I do have good news for us (FotoTime), in that as soon as we heard, we
contacted a couple of other labs that we have done business with in
the past, and are already sending orders to a new lab, and have re-
sent un-completed orders that clubPhoto had to the new lab as well.
Because we were able to do this, our orders should be delayed less
than 24 hours, and our customers won't suffer. But I feel for other
online companies like FotoTime, but that weren't in a position like we
were to be able to switch our backend so quickly.

I have some advice for those that store their photos on www.clubphoto.com
- get them off NOW. I don't know how long their website will be
around, but it will shutdown soon. Our service, www.fototime.com, is
a good replacement, and offers 250MB of storage for free (ad
sponsored), or 2GB of storage for 23.95 a year (without ads plus extra
features and print discounts).

Jeff
www.fototime.com

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

? <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????? ??? ??????
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Mar 5, 3:37 pm, "phk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I've used this site for a couple of years for processing of digital
> > photos, but their service stinks lately.
> >
> > Anybody know what's going on?
> >
> > What I liked was the little albums they print, spiral bound with
> > plastic cover and spiral binder.

> Yes, unfortunately, I do. They closed their doors today, without any
> notice.
>
> How do I know? Well, what you may not know is that not only did
> clubPhoto have a consumer business, but they also did the backend
> printing for a LOT of companies, including ours - www.fototime.com.
> Without any notice, they closed the doors today, leaving a ton of
> orders from us un-printed and un-shipped. Not only did they strand
> us, and their own customers, but they also stranded a lot of other
> companies like us that used them as their backend printing company.
>
> I do have good news for us (FotoTime), in that as soon as we heard, we
> contacted a couple of other labs that we have done business with in
> the past, and are already sending orders to a new lab, and have re-
> sent un-completed orders that clubPhoto had to the new lab as well.
> Because we were able to do this, our orders should be delayed less
> than 24 hours, and our customers won't suffer. But I feel for other
> online companies like FotoTime, but that weren't in a position like we
> were to be able to switch our backend so quickly.
>
> I have some advice for those that store their photos on www.clubphoto.com
> - get them off NOW. I don't know how long their website will be
> around, but it will shutdown soon. Our service, www.fototime.com, is
> a good replacement, and offers 250MB of storage for free (ad
> sponsored), or 2GB of storage for 23.95 a year (without ads plus extra
> features and print discounts).

Well, I print at home and so, save the hassle of uploading the files to be
printed (even with DSL and jpeg they are too large)and then waiting for the
parcel with the photos to arrive.And all labs here,in Iraklion Crete Greece
offer digital printing on regular RA4 photo paper.

Does anyone also use the Canon Pixma iP 4300 photo printer?It can print on
printable CDs, of course, but while the software for CD printing has all the
bells and whistles I haven't found a way to adjust the character size.Does
anyone know better than me?

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

ramarsh01 ramarsh01 is offline
Junior Member

How do i get my hi-res pictures off of clubphoto??? I tried clicking on the image but all i get is a low res copy.

thanks.