Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > entry level digital SLR recommandation. nikon D50 or D40 or any other cameras.TIA

entry level digital SLR recommandation. nikon D50 or D40 or any other cameras.TIA

jamie kim

saw a friend that has nikon D80 at a wedding reception and the
pictures were amazing. i am thinking about getting one too but don't
want to spend a fortune. i read that D40 and D50 have retty good
review that also fit my budget. i just need something that has take
great night time indoor pictures like at wedding receptions. what lens
and flash do you recommand for entry level phtographer? TIA

Adrian Boliston

"jamie kim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> saw a friend that has nikon D80 at a wedding reception and the
> pictures were amazing. i am thinking about getting one too but don't
> want to spend a fortune. i read that D40 and D50 have retty good
> review that also fit my budget. i just need something that has take
> great night time indoor pictures like at wedding receptions. what lens
> and flash do you recommand for entry level phtographer? TIA

There is quite a good article I've been reading on photo.net about entry
level dslr's.

http://www.photo.net/equipment/build...al-slr-system/

cheers adrian www.boliston.co.uk

dj_nme

Adrian Boliston wrote:
> "jamie kim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

>>saw a friend that has nikon D80 at a wedding reception and the
>>pictures were amazing. i am thinking about getting one too but don't
>>want to spend a fortune. i read that D40 and D50 have retty good
>>review that also fit my budget. i just need something that has take
>>great night time indoor pictures like at wedding receptions. what lens
>>and flash do you recommand for entry level phtographer? TIA

> There is quite a good article I've been reading on photo.net about entry
> level dslr's.
>
> http://www.photo.net/equipment/build...al-slr-system/
>
> cheers adrian www.boliston.co.uk

Digital Photography Review <dpreview.com> has reviews on most of the
digital cameras that are produced.
The D40 <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond40/>
The D50 <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond50/>
The D80 <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond80/>

The only minus for the D40 seems to be that it has no lens motor in the
camera body, so AF-S and AF-I lenses will only work as manual focus lenses.
Apart from that, it looks like a lot of camera for the money.

The other alternative is to go off on your own and get a Canon XTi
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos400d/> or Pentax K100D
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxk100d/>.
The K100 is "only" 6.1mp, but has a feature that requires
ultra-expensive lenses to be had with the Canon XTi: 'Shake Reduction'.
Any lens attached to the K100D can use the in-body antishake.
The Canon XTi, on the other hand has 10.1mp sensor.