Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Which would be the best VOIP for a low user please?

Which would be the best VOIP for a low user please?

Ivor Jones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 19:10:27 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > "Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)
> > > That Man! formulated the question :

> > > You'll wish you hadn't

> > Seconded. Dare I suggest www.sipgate.co.uk ..? (Cue Ron
> > Chew..!)
> >
> > Ivor

> No you may not Ivor bout time you recommended a decent
> provider and one that is in THIS country not miles away
> in Europe that provides no means of contact except by
> email .

Right on cue, Ron, well done..! I knew I could depend on you..!

Right, time for the pub

Ivor

Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Roderick Stewart wrote:

> Change to Orange Broadband. No need to subscribe to any separate
> service. VOIP is included in the price of the broadband service, and
> they even provide a router, so you can sell the one you already have.

I expect they charge for calls though don't they?

Roderick Stewart

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 21:52:27 +0000, "Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Roderick Stewart wrote:
>
>> Change to Orange Broadband. No need to subscribe to any separate
>> service. VOIP is included in the price of the broadband service, and
>> they even provide a router, so you can sell the one you already have.

>I expect they charge for calls though don't they?

Nope. Calls to UK landline 01 and 02 numbers free. International calls
free. Calls to Orange mobiles free.

The whole thing costs 19.99gbp per month on its own, or only 5gbp if
you have one of their phone contracts as well. Customers service is no
better than you'd get from from any mobile phone company, but the
service itself has worked very well for me. Faster than either of my
previous broadband services, a download limit of 30GB instead of 3GB,
and a quarter of the price. Others may have had bad luck but I've
encountered nothing to criticise so far.

Rod.

Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Roderick Stewart wrote:

> Nope. Calls to UK landline 01 and 02 numbers free. International calls
> free. Calls to Orange mobiles free.
>
> The whole thing costs 19.99gbp per month on its own, or only 5gbp if
> you have one of their phone contracts as well. Customers service is no
> better than you'd get from from any mobile phone company, but the
> service itself has worked very well for me. Faster than either of my
> previous broadband services, a download limit of 30GB instead of 3GB,
> and a quarter of the price. Others may have had bad luck but I've
> encountered nothing to criticise so far.

That really does sound like a good package.

Time for me to put the squeeze on telepest... blueyonder..... NTL....
Virgin Media or whatever they will be called next week.

:)
Pete

Scope

Ivor Jones wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> No you may not Ivor bout time you recommended a decent
>> provider and one that is in THIS country not miles away
>> in Europe that provides no means of contact except by
>> email .

> Right on cue, Ron, well done..! I knew I could depend on you..!
>
> Right, time for the pub

You guys are unbeliveble! Dont you ever get fed up? I think I speak
for most of us when I say that we are......

Brian A

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 22:47:15 +0000, Roderick Stewart
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 21:52:27 +0000, "Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Roderick Stewart wrote:
>>
>>> Change to Orange Broadband. No need to subscribe to any separate
>>> service. VOIP is included in the price of the broadband service, and
>>> they even provide a router, so you can sell the one you already have.

>>I expect they charge for calls though don't they?

>Nope. Calls to UK landline 01 and 02 numbers free. International calls
>free. Calls to Orange mobiles free.
>
>The whole thing costs 19.99gbp per month on its own, or only 5gbp if
>you have one of their phone contracts as well. Customers service is no
>better than you'd get from from any mobile phone company, but the
>service itself has worked very well for me. Faster than either of my
>previous broadband services, a download limit of 30GB instead of 3GB,
>and a quarter of the price. Others may have had bad luck but I've
>encountered nothing to criticise so far.
>
>Rod.

Am I right in thinking that you have to pay ine rental of GBP11 in
addition too? Something that is not so with the Talk Talk GBP20 deal.

Calls with Orange are not free to all countries, just some.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Rob

"Scope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsbwHh.54725$(E-Mail Removed)...

> You guys are unbeliveble! Dont you ever get fed up? I think I speak
> for most of us when I say that we are......

I think we can all see who is the petty instigator of most of the exchanges
though...

Rob

Roderick Stewart

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 10:26:23 GMT, Brian A
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>The whole thing costs 19.99gbp per month on its own, or only 5gbp if
>>you have one of their phone contracts as well. Customers service is no
>>better than you'd get from from any mobile phone company, but the
>>service itself has worked very well for me. Faster than either of my
>>previous broadband services, a download limit of 30GB instead of 3GB,
>>and a quarter of the price. Others may have had bad luck but I've
>>encountered nothing to criticise so far.
>>
>>Rod.

>Am I right in thinking that you have to pay ine rental of GBP11 in
>addition too? Something that is not so with the Talk Talk GBP20 deal.

Yes, you need a BT line, so there will be rental fee for that, which
in my case I was paying anyway. I was also paying variable amounts of
15-20gbp, sometimes a little more, to another ISP for a PAYG broadband
account which seemed to be limited to about 2Mb/s, but because I
already had an Orange mobile contract, their broadband service only
costs 5gbp. It's saving me 10-15gbp per month, and it's faster.

>Calls with Orange are not free to all countries, just some.

Individual circumstances will differ of course, but the list seems
quite long, and I haven't yet needed to phone anywhere that isn't on
it.

Rod.

clavox@btinternet.com

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:51:09 -0000, "Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Scope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>newsbwHh.54725$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> You guys are unbeliveble! Dont you ever get fed up? I think I speak
>> for most of us when I say that we are......

>I think we can all see who is the petty instigator of most of the exchanges
>though...

If you don't like it you know what to do I am not bothered in the
least .

Ivor Jones

"Scope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsbwHh.54725$(E-Mail Removed)
> Ivor Jones wrote:
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > No you may not Ivor bout time you recommended a decent
> > > provider and one that is in THIS country not miles
> > > away in Europe that provides no means of contact
> > > except by email .

> > Right on cue, Ron, well done..! I knew I could depend
> > on you..! Right, time for the pub

> You guys are unbeliveble! Dont you ever get fed up? I
> think I speak for most of us when I say that we are......

Yes I do get fed up, on a daily basis. Blame Ron, he started it and he is
the only one who can finish it, by never complaining about a company who
he isn't even a customer of.

Ivor