Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Possible to open 'unsafe attachments' in OE?

Possible to open 'unsafe attachments' in OE?

Rolf

Hi,

OE6 - it tells me that

OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: (name of
attachment)

but if I am certain that the attachment is ok, is there any way in which I
can remove the blocking?

Rolf

Gordon

Rolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OE6 - it tells me that
>
> OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: (name of
> attachment)
>

> but if I am certain that the attachment is ok, is there any way in which I
> can remove the blocking?

I can't believe that anyone still has to post this question! There must
be MILLIONS of posts asking and answering this in the last two or three
years!

Try Tools-Options-security.......(did you do ANY poking around in the OE
menus before posting?)

SJP

"Rolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> OE6 - it tells me that
>
> OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: (name
> of
> attachment)

1. Start Outlook Express.
2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
3. Click the Security tab, click to clear the Do not allow attachments
to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus check box under
Virus Protection, and then click OK.

WhzzKdd

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rolf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> OE6 - it tells me that
>>
>> OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: (name
>> of
>> attachment)
>>

>> but if I am certain that the attachment is ok, is there any way in which
>> can remove the blocking?
>>

> I can't believe that anyone still has to post this question! There must be
> MILLIONS of posts asking and answering this in the last two or three
> years!
>
> Try Tools-Options-security.......(did you do ANY poking around in the OE
> menus before posting?)

He was going to try some poking, but his zipper was stuck.