Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > CHCKDSK and WINXP Tools conflict question

CHCKDSK and WINXP Tools conflict question

azul@blueblue.net

My system:

WIN XP PRO Version 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
BIOS: AMD 64 Processor 3000+0 MHz
Memory 1023.48 MB
Floppy A:
Hard Disk: C: 29,29 GB [NTFS]
D: 45,22 GB [NTFS]
CD-ROM: E:

The Problem:

When I turn on my computer, CHECH DISK program scans my D: drive only and
then proceeds to show my desktop.

When I try to defragment my D: drive using XP Tools, WIN XP does not allow
it due to CHECK DISK. It asks me to use CHKDSK /f.

Question:

Is there a way to disable CHECK DISK so I can use XP Tools? If so, how do
you do it?

Thanks a million.

meerkat

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My system:
>
> WIN XP PRO Version 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
> BIOS: AMD 64 Processor 3000+0 MHz
> Memory 1023.48 MB
> Floppy A:
> Hard Disk: C: 29,29 GB [NTFS]
> D: 45,22 GB [NTFS]
> CD-ROM: E:
>
> The Problem:
>
> When I turn on my computer, CHECH DISK program scans my D: drive only and
> then proceeds to show my desktop.
>
> When I try to defragment my D: drive using XP Tools, WIN XP does not allow
> it due to CHECK DISK. It asks me to use CHKDSK /f.
>
> Question:
>
> Is there a way to disable CHECK DISK so I can use XP Tools? If so, how do
> you do it?

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=575839

Read Wes Vogels answer.