Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Results for 071-271 posted

Reply
Thread Tools

Results for 071-271 posted

 
 
Larry Samuels
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2004
Prometric just posted the results for 071-271.

WooHoo!!
I passed!!


--
Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
http://home.earthlink.net/~larrysamuels/WS2003FAQ.htm
Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Politician Spock
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2004
"Larry Samuels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Prometric just posted the results for 071-271.
>
> WooHoo!!
> I passed!!
>


Orange Whip? Who wants an Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips!

--
Politician Spock
Thug #24601



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Consultant
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2004
as expected
--
Consultant, MCNGP Founding Father
Lead Thug, Public Enemy #1
www.mcngp.tk

"Larry Samuels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Prometric just posted the results for 071-271.
>
> WooHoo!!
> I passed!!
>
>
> --
> Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
> Associate Expert
> Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
> http://home.earthlink.net/~larrysamuels/WS2003FAQ.htm
> Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Larry Samuels
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2004
Thanks!

I was actually worried since I recently decided to get certified for
business reasons.

My MS Press study guides for MCSE for Server 2003 arrived Wednesday so I
figure I will start with 70-270 which should be a cakewalk to break into
studying again after all these years.

I opened the Readiness Kit and loaded the practice exam cold to see what
areas I need to concentrate on.

Talk about a rude awakening!--I passed the practice test with a score of
82%, but have an all new awareness of how little that I really know about
XP's intricacies.

WTF??? I am an XP MVP that uses and configures this software on a daily
basis and I can only score 12% above failing?

That really rattled my confidence--I should know this stuff hands down, and
then realization hit me with a cluestick.
As a MVP and OEM Systembuilder, I have access to resources so, if I run
across something I don't know, I can find the answers quickly. Those
resources are almost like a crutch--there is no incentive for me to go the
extra mile and memorize all the material.

As for scoring high on the exams, that is just a matter of personal pride
for me. I know I could take the exam and pass,but that isn't good enough.
I have always done well in anything I have attempted academically and I am
not about to let getting a little older and a little slower change that. It
just means I will have to work at it this time instead of just reading the
material and absorbing it the way I did in high school and college.

--
Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
http://home.earthlink.net/~larrysamuels/WS2003FAQ.htm
Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

"Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> as expected
> --
> Consultant, MCNGP Founding Father
> Lead Thug, Public Enemy #1
> www.mcngp.tk
>
> "Larry Samuels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Prometric just posted the results for 071-271.
>>
>> WooHoo!!
>> I passed!!
>>
>>
>> --
>> Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
>> Associate Expert
>> Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
>> http://home.earthlink.net/~larrysamuels/WS2003FAQ.htm
>> Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Kendal Emery
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2004
Maybe you should braindump......

(Goes and hides behind consultant)

BIG

--
Kendal R. Emery, MCSE, Network+, A+, MCNGP #19
Systems Administrator
Coordinated Home Care
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
remove me to email to me
"Larry Samuels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks!
>
> I was actually worried since I recently decided to get certified for
> business reasons.
>
> My MS Press study guides for MCSE for Server 2003 arrived Wednesday so I
> figure I will start with 70-270 which should be a cakewalk to break into
> studying again after all these years.
>
> I opened the Readiness Kit and loaded the practice exam cold to see what
> areas I need to concentrate on.
>
> Talk about a rude awakening!--I passed the practice test with a score of
> 82%, but have an all new awareness of how little that I really know about
> XP's intricacies.
>
> WTF??? I am an XP MVP that uses and configures this software on a daily
> basis and I can only score 12% above failing?
>
> That really rattled my confidence--I should know this stuff hands down,

and
> then realization hit me with a cluestick.
> As a MVP and OEM Systembuilder, I have access to resources so, if I run
> across something I don't know, I can find the answers quickly. Those
> resources are almost like a crutch--there is no incentive for me to go the
> extra mile and memorize all the material.
>
> As for scoring high on the exams, that is just a matter of personal pride
> for me. I know I could take the exam and pass,but that isn't good enough.
> I have always done well in anything I have attempted academically and I am
> not about to let getting a little older and a little slower change that.

It
> just means I will have to work at it this time instead of just reading the
> material and absorbing it the way I did in high school and college.
>
> --
> Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
> Associate Expert
> Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
> http://home.earthlink.net/~larrysamuels/WS2003FAQ.htm
> Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>
> "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > as expected
> > --
> > Consultant, MCNGP Founding Father
> > Lead Thug, Public Enemy #1
> > www.mcngp.tk
> >
> > "Larry Samuels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Prometric just posted the results for 071-271.
> >>
> >> WooHoo!!
> >> I passed!!
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
> >> Associate Expert
> >> Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
> >> http://home.earthlink.net/~larrysamuels/WS2003FAQ.htm
> >> Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> >>
> >>

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Larry Samuels
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2004
Yer evil Kendal!! <G>

It'll be a cold day in hell before I......Oops, maybe I better phrase that
differently considering Don Henley's remark about an Eagles reunion.


--
Larry Samuels
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
http://home.earthlink.net/~larrysamuels/WS2003FAQ.htm

"Kendal Emery" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Maybe you should braindump......
>
> (Goes and hides behind consultant)
>
> BIG
>
> --
> Kendal R. Emery, MCSE, Network+, A+, MCNGP #19
> Systems Administrator
> Coordinated Home Care
> (E-Mail Removed)
> remove me to email to me
> "Larry Samuels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks!
>>
>> I was actually worried since I recently decided to get certified for
>> business reasons.
>>
>> My MS Press study guides for MCSE for Server 2003 arrived Wednesday so I
>> figure I will start with 70-270 which should be a cakewalk to break into
>> studying again after all these years.
>>
>> I opened the Readiness Kit and loaded the practice exam cold to see what
>> areas I need to concentrate on.
>>
>> Talk about a rude awakening!--I passed the practice test with a score of
>> 82%, but have an all new awareness of how little that I really know about
>> XP's intricacies.
>>
>> WTF??? I am an XP MVP that uses and configures this software on a daily
>> basis and I can only score 12% above failing?
>>
>> That really rattled my confidence--I should know this stuff hands down,

> and
>> then realization hit me with a cluestick.
>> As a MVP and OEM Systembuilder, I have access to resources so, if I run
>> across something I don't know, I can find the answers quickly. Those
>> resources are almost like a crutch--there is no incentive for me to go
>> the
>> extra mile and memorize all the material.
>>
>> As for scoring high on the exams, that is just a matter of personal pride
>> for me. I know I could take the exam and pass,but that isn't good enough.
>> I have always done well in anything I have attempted academically and I
>> am
>> not about to let getting a little older and a little slower change that.

> It
>> just means I will have to work at it this time instead of just reading
>> the
>> material and absorbing it the way I did in high school and college.
>>
>> --
>> Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
>> Associate Expert
>> Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
>> http://home.earthlink.net/~larrysamuels/WS2003FAQ.htm
>> Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>> "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > as expected
>> > --
>> > Consultant, MCNGP Founding Father
>> > Lead Thug, Public Enemy #1
>> > www.mcngp.tk
>> >
>> > "Larry Samuels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >> Prometric just posted the results for 071-271.
>> >>
>> >> WooHoo!!
>> >> I passed!!
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
>> >> Associate Expert
>> >> Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
>> >> http://home.earthlink.net/~larrysamuels/WS2003FAQ.htm
>> >> Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Results of C++ Builder Programming Competition Posted mouser@donationcoder.com C++ 0 09-11-2006 08:29 PM
Open-source bug hunt results posted Imhotep Computer Security 13 03-20-2006 10:46 PM
Re: 71-285 Results now posted on Prometrics site Dutchy MCSE 0 04-15-2004 09:33 AM
Beta Results for 70-299 Security Exam now posted on Vue =?Utf-8?B?T3ZlckNlcnRpZmllZA==?= MCSE 12 02-13-2004 10:27 AM
272 results posted on Prometric site Larry Samuels MCSE 4 02-02-2004 11:58 AM



Advertisments