Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Installing Vista when there's little room on the C: drive

Installing Vista when there's little room on the C: drive

gn36446

I would like to install Vista, but it needs a lot more space than I can free
up on my C: drive. The drive has a total capacity of 74 gig, but just a few
gig can be made available. My D: drive is bigger and I could find space
there, but my present operating system, Windows XP, is on my C: drive. I
would like to replace the XP on C: drive with Vista on D: drive. Is that
possible and if so, how difficult would it be? What other solutions might I
consider that would not require me to reinstall all my software on C: drive
after the Vista install? Thanks.

WhzzKdd

gn36446 wrote:
> I would like to install Vista, but it needs a lot more space than I
> can free up on my C: drive. The drive has a total capacity of 74 gig,
> but just a few gig can be made available. My D: drive is bigger and I
> could find space there, but my present operating system, Windows XP,
> is on my C: drive. I would like to replace the XP on C: drive with
> Vista on D: drive. Is that possible and if so, how difficult would it
> be? What other solutions might I consider that would not require me
> to reinstall all my software on C: drive after the Vista install?
> Thanks.

Temporarily move data from the C: drive to the D: drive. What's so hard
about that?

Coco

"gn36446" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like to install Vista, but it needs a lot more space than I can
>free up on my C: drive. The drive has a total capacity of 74 gig, but just
>a few gig can be made available. My D: drive is bigger and I could find
>space there, but my present operating system, Windows XP, is on my C:
>drive. I would like to replace the XP on C: drive with Vista on D: drive.
>Is that possible and if so, how difficult would it be? What other solutions
>might I consider that would not require me to reinstall all my software on
>C: drive after the Vista install? Thanks.

Why do I have a feeling you'll come back next week and ask how to uninstall
Vista?