Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > cdex

soylentgreen

I use cdex for ripping my cds however can someone tell me what is the
purpose of the CDDB folder which includes other folders for genres like
rock and classical, and two notepads called CDEX genres a CDDB batch.

Thanks

sittingduck

soylentgreen wrote:

> I use cdex for ripping my cds however can someone tell me what is the
> purpose of the CDDB folder which includes other folders for genres like
> rock and classical, and two notepads called CDEX genres a CDDB batch.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cddb

dadiOH

soylentgreen wrote:
> I use cdex for ripping my cds however can someone tell me what is
> the purpose of the CDDB folder which includes other folders for
> genres like rock and classical, and two notepads called CDEX
> genres a CDDB batch.
>
> Thanks

If you'll open CDex and punch the CDDB button you'll see that there is
an option to read from local CDDB folder. That's what the folders you
inquired about are...local CDDB folders. You'd have to populate them
with data yourself - there is a Winamp plug-in and a setting in CDex
settings to use it to do so. Another way to populate them is from the
remote (web) CDDB. All is explained in the CDex help file.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

cdex 1.51 soylentgreen Computer Support 1 01-02-2007 11:39 PM
CDEX 1.7 Si Computer Support 2 12-25-2006 07:56 AM
Sound Forge or CDex for converting audio tracks? Jones Computer Information 0 04-12-2004 08:18 PM

Advertisments