Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Windows 2003 certification upgrade training guide

Windows 2003 certification upgrade training guide

Mark Scott

I have started reading this guide and noticed that one of the questions is
completely wrong: This has come from page 1-47 with answers on page 1-56
(why not physical page numbers??)

2. Which of the following is not a reason for defining sites in Active
Directory?
a. To control replication traffic
b. To organize user accounts
c. To make authentication more efficient
d. To support a larger number of directory objects
Answer = A, C

Now A and C are obviously reasons for defining sites so a black mark there.

Has anyone else found any major howlers?

Other than that an excellent bok!

Mark Scott

I have had a reply back from Microsoft PSS directing me to KB article
830865

"Mark Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:VEkLb.1405$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have started reading this guide and noticed that one of the questions is
> completely wrong: This has come from page 1-47 with answers on page 1-56
> (why not physical page numbers??)
>
> 2. Which of the following is not a reason for defining sites in Active
> Directory?
> a. To control replication traffic
> b. To organize user accounts
> c. To make authentication more efficient
> d. To support a larger number of directory objects
> Answer = A, C
>
> Now A and C are obviously reasons for defining sites so a black mark

there.

> Has anyone else found any major howlers?
>
> Other than that an excellent bok!

Darth 2000

Tsk tsk tsk to Microsoft.
They can produce earth shattering, ground breaking, robust server software
(mostly), but they can't publish a damn book..... and a training guide to
the said software too!!
You'd think that these mistakes wouldn't get past the proof-readers, but
alas, Microsoft has supprised us yet again!

---------------
Darth 2000 - MCNGP # 28
Says: With all due credit, the software is great.... until we find out
there's a gigabyte of hotfixes, patches, bandaids, rubberbands and service
packs.... and a bit of spit and polish.

"Mark Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aAULb.10212$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have had a reply back from Microsoft PSS directing me to KB article
> 830865
>
> "Mark Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:VEkLb.1405$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have started reading this guide and noticed that one of the questions

is
> > completely wrong: This has come from page 1-47 with answers on page 1-56
> > (why not physical page numbers??)
> >
> > 2. Which of the following is not a reason for defining sites in Active
> > Directory?
> > a. To control replication traffic
> > b. To organize user accounts
> > c. To make authentication more efficient
> > d. To support a larger number of directory objects
> > Answer = A, C
> >
> > Now A and C are obviously reasons for defining sites so a black mark

> there.
> >
> > Has anyone else found any major howlers?
> >
> > Other than that an excellent bok!

Lazyadmin

Its a 1700+ page book. There are mistakes, but there are mistakes in the
Sybex version, and almost every other tech book I have ever read. Think of
it as a trick question

news:(E-Mail Removed)...