Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Strange Microsoft message

Strange Microsoft message

Ella

Recently when I was trying to copy/paste a document page with a small
picture on in I kept getting a Microsoft message "Sorry, not
today!". Has anyone ever had this problem? And what does this mean?
Thanks! Ella

Evan Platt

On 26 Feb 2007 10:20:43 -0800, "Ella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Recently when I was trying to copy/paste a document page with a small
>picture on in I kept getting a Microsoft message "Sorry, not
>today!". Has anyone ever had this problem? And what does this mean?
>Thanks! Ella

With your lack of details, I can only suggest you try again tomorrow.

meerkat

"Ella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Recently when I was trying to copy/paste a document page with a small
> picture on in I kept getting a Microsoft message "Sorry, not
> today!". Has anyone ever had this problem? And what does this mean?
> Thanks! Ella

That`s Not a M$ message !.

WhzzKdd

Evan Platt wrote:
> On 26 Feb 2007 10:20:43 -0800, "Ella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Recently when I was trying to copy/paste a document page with a small
>> picture on in I kept getting a Microsoft message "Sorry, not
>> today!". Has anyone ever had this problem? And what does this mean?
>> Thanks! Ella

> With your lack of details, I can only suggest you try again tomorrow.

Heh heh <g>!! But it's already tomorrow somewhere...

WhzzKdd

meerkat wrote:
> "Ella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> Recently when I was trying to copy/paste a document page with a small
>> picture on in I kept getting a Microsoft message "Sorry, not
>> today!". Has anyone ever had this problem? And what does this mean?
>> Thanks! Ella
>>

> That`s Not a M$ message !.

Agreed <g>! Best guess? Trojan? Malware of some sort? Neighborhood kid got
bored? Dunno...

If it were me, I'd start by running some good malware scans.

meerkat

"WhzzKdd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zBGEh.43$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Evan Platt wrote:
>> On 26 Feb 2007 10:20:43 -0800, "Ella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Recently when I was trying to copy/paste a document page with a small
>>> picture on in I kept getting a Microsoft message "Sorry, not
>>> today!". Has anyone ever had this problem? And what does this mean?
>>> Thanks! Ella

>> With your lack of details, I can only suggest you try again tomorrow.

> Heh heh <g>!! But it's already tomorrow somewhere...

Yes, but if it`s tomorrow, it`s today there <g>.

WhzzKdd

meerkat wrote:
> "WhzzKdd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:zBGEh.43$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Evan Platt wrote:

>>> With your lack of details, I can only suggest you try again
>>> tomorrow.

>> Heh heh <g>!! But it's already tomorrow somewhere...
>>

> Yes, but if it`s tomorrow, it`s today there <g>.

Boy, what a screwed up world we revolve around on...

SJP

"Ella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Recently when I was trying to copy/paste a document page with a small
> picture on in I kept getting a Microsoft message "Sorry, not
> today!". Has anyone ever had this problem? And what does this mean?
> Thanks! Ella

Is this happening on a certain website with a no right click script running?

meerkat

"WhzzKdd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZOGEh.54$(E-Mail Removed)...
> meerkat wrote:
>> "WhzzKdd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:zBGEh.43$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Heh heh <g>!! But it's already tomorrow somewhere...
>>>

>> Yes, but if it`s tomorrow, it`s today there <g>.

> Boy, what a screwed up world we revolve around on...

I`m always scared of falling off.
I haven`t got a seat belt, and we`re going pretty damn
fast %> ).

soundblasted

"Ella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Recently when I was trying to copy/paste a document page with a small
> picture on in I kept getting a Microsoft message "Sorry, not
> today!". Has anyone ever had this problem? And what does this mean?
> Thanks! Ella

You're an AOLer and GGrouper........Sigh.
Ella, Your post shows you are out of your depth.
But I'll take a guess. When you type "document" I'll assume you mean
from a Word or office document, and you are attempting to copy to
another document?
If so, the "picture" is termed: clip art.
MS supply zillions of such images for free download:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/clipart/default.aspx
And as such are compatible with most office products.
But not vice-versa - if you are using an open source or
propriatary application, it may not be compliant with MS.
Thats to say if you are copying from a non-MS office
document into a MS word etc, you may get a confused error.
So copy all but exclude the clip art, then download it from
the above site (it will be there) and paste it to the document.

I dread to think what type of document you'll produce when
you can't even form a coherent ng question.