Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Error opening file for writing: \r\n\r\nfirefox.exe\r\n\r\nClick Retry to try again or \r\nCancel to stop the installation.

Error opening file for writing: \r\n\r\nfirefox.exe\r\n\r\nClick Retry to try again or \r\nCancel to stop the installation.

ambrish patel

I get this error message when i try to install firefox 2.0.0.2 when
the installing says it is doing "A Little Housekeeping" :

--
Error opening file for writing: \r\n\r\nfirefox.exe\r\n\r\nClick
Retry to try again or \r\nCancel to stop the installation.
--

What am i supposed to do? My friends and i have tried the new update
installer, but it just doesnt seem to work. We have even tried to

Evan Platt

On 25 Feb 2007 15:47:45 -0800, "ambrish patel" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I get this error message when i try to install firefox 2.0.0.2 when
>the installing says it is doing "A Little Housekeeping" :
>
>--
>Error opening file for writing: \r\n\r\nfirefox.exe\r\n\r\nClick
>Retry to try again or \r\nCancel to stop the installation.

What operating system?

Are you logged in with administrator rights?

Walter Mautner

ambrish patel wrote:

> I get this error message when i try to install firefox 2.0.0.2 when
> the installing says it is doing "A Little Housekeeping" :
>
> --
> Error opening file for writing: \r\n\r\nfirefox.exe\r\n\r\nClick
> Retry to try again or \r\nCancel to stop the installation.
> --
>
> What am i supposed to do? My friends and i have tried the new update
> installer, but it just doesnt seem to work. We have even tried to
> uninstall reinstall, restart (haha). How can i install firefox back on
> my computer..?

Where the heck did you get that firefox update installer from??? Hopefully
from a direct visit at www.mozilla.com ....

ambrish patel

yes i am logged in as admin, and yes i downloaded it from the mozilla
site.

Walter Mautner

ambrish patel wrote:

> yes i am logged in as admin, and yes i downloaded it from the mozilla
> site.

When you post to a usenet newsgroup,, please do a bit like me and keep the
lines you refer to, while writing your text underneath.
Your installer complains about not being able to write to firefox.exe.
That may happen if you
- were admin now, but not the first time you installed it, and the first
install is in your "Documents and settings" path with private ownership.
However, I think the install paths would just be different then and that
was just a speculation.
- Did you use the built-in update function or do a full install?
- Another issue may be, you had another instance of firefox running that
your updater didn't recognize and ask to close.
"A little housekeeping" .. never saw that upon a firefox install, therefore
my suspicion.