Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > PXE & RIS

PXE & RIS

myrt webb

I would like to install RIS and use it to configure a
client computer on my lab setup.

I have tried in the past when I was working on 210 but was
unable to find a PXE LAN card or a LAN card supported by
the boot disk.

The 217 MS guide has a list of LAN cards but they are all
out of date.

Anyone know of a card I can use for a RIS client that is
availble now? A source for the card would also be
appreciated.

Laura A. Robinson [MVP]

In article <0c9001c3d5ff$31957100$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I would like to install RIS and use it to configure a
> client computer on my lab setup.
>
> I have tried in the past when I was working on 210 but was
> unable to find a PXE LAN card or a LAN card supported by
> the boot disk.
>
> The 217 MS guide has a list of LAN cards but they are all
> out of date.
>
> Anyone know of a card I can use for a RIS client that is
> availble now? A source for the card would also be
> appreciated.

Pretty much any intel or 3Com card is virtually guaranteed to work. In
fact, it's harder to find non-PXE cards these days than PXE cards, in my
experience.

Laura

Nettransplant

I bought four Edimax en-9130txa cards at 9.95 each last year just for PXE
testing. Great card. Can't find company in Canada that I got them from but
search a
bit and you will. Great fast flawless. PXE worked perfectly. They also have
Wake on LAN so I have used them as fallback platform.

"myrt webb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0c9001c3d5ff$31957100$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would like to install RIS and use it to configure a
> client computer on my lab setup.
>
> I have tried in the past when I was working on 210 but was
> unable to find a PXE LAN card or a LAN card supported by
> the boot disk.
>
> The 217 MS guide has a list of LAN cards but they are all
> out of date.
>
> Anyone know of a card I can use for a RIS client that is
> availble now? A source for the card would also be
> appreciated.

Nettransplant

http://www.bootroms.com/catalog/default.php