Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Freeware drive image maker?

Freeware drive image maker?

Martin Kallikak, Jr.

I want to test out a different operating system on my notebook but when I
get done, I want to set it back to exactly as it is now--- but I don't want
to go through the time consuming hassle of a total reinstall with drivers
and applications, etc.

Is there a freeware program that will let me create an image on an external
USB hard drive so that I can restore the original system to my notebook
afterward?

Marty

Martin Kallikak, Jr.

I want to test out a different operating system on my notebook but when I
get done, I want to set it back to exactly as it is now--- but I don't want
to go through the time consuming hassle of a total reinstall of WIN XP Pro
SP2 with all the drivers and applications, etc.

Anyone have experience with decent freeware that will let me create an image
on an external USB hard drive so that I can totally restore the original