Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > mso files

mso files

M25

I'm running windows XP and have been sent a timesheet via email
it's an .mso file it's called oledata.mso I've tried to open it with
MS Word but it's mostly unreadable. Can anyone recommend what
application would make this file readable so I can print off a copy.

WhzzKdd

M25 wrote:
> I'm running windows XP and have been sent a timesheet via email
> it's an .mso file it's called oledata.mso I've tried to open it with
> MS Word but it's mostly unreadable. Can anyone recommend what
> application would make this file readable so I can print off a copy.

Look it up for yourself: http://filext.com

M25

"WhzzKdd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jr1Dh.148$(E-Mail Removed)...
> M25 wrote:
>> I'm running windows XP and have been sent a timesheet via email
>> it's an .mso file it's called oledata.mso I've tried to open it with
>> MS Word but it's mostly unreadable. Can anyone recommend what
>> application would make this file readable so I can print off a copy.

> Look it up for yourself: http://filext.com

I did but didn't fin it that helpful

Mike Easter

M25 wrote:
> "WhzzKdd"
>> M25 wrote:
>>> I'm running windows XP and have been sent a timesheet via email
>>> it's an .mso file it's called oledata.mso I've tried to open it with
>>> MS Word but it's mostly unreadable. Can anyone recommend what
>>> application would make this file readable so I can print off a copy.

>> Look it up for yourself: http://filext.com

> I did but didn't fin it that helpful

That site sez this:

MSO MedlySound Sound/Module
MSO FrontPage File (Microsoft)
MSO Orgchart File (Microsoft)
MSO Word OLE Web Page Storage Stream (Microsoft Corporation)
MSO Math Script Object File

Of those, your timesheet is most likely the orgchart file, and most
likely created with something like Excel of MS Office suite.

If you don't have MS Office, then you have to either find another way to
open the file, buy and install MS Office, or have your sender send you a
'picture' or other representation of the timesheet in a format you can
handle.

The way I would handle it would be to use openoffice as another way to
handle the file, which can handle .mso orgchart files properly if they
don't have MS macros.

--
Mike Easter