Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Study Group in Ohio

Study Group in Ohio

RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT

Hopefully, most of us have gotten the hang of writing "/04" on checks and
the like. So we're ready to tackle our next challenge, which would
be.certification (nope, not the mastering "ballroom dancing", which was also
on the list)!

The next Certification study group will be this coming Monday, 12 January,
from 6-8pm. We'll be meeting at Tri-C's UTC, in room 222a (we'll keep an
eye out for Pete Dixon). We meet each month on the 2nd Monday, so the next
one after this will 9 February.

There's no charge, or sales pitch or anything. Past meetings have had as
few as two people, so it's a chance for you to pick the brain of an MCT/MCSE
for a couple of hours (ok, it's my brain, so bring tweezers and a magnifying
glass).

Whether you're working on your MCSA, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, A+, Network+, CCNA,
CNE.<phew>.I have some study materials for you to use. Everything from
training to sample tests.

I also have some posters from Microsoft that do a pretty good job of
outlaying the difference certification paths and requirements. Free while
supplies last!

I do ask that people who plan to attend let me know what they're planning on
studying so I can fake preparing.

The meeting is sponsored by the Greater Cleveland PC Users Group
(www.gcpcug.org). I happen to President of that group as well, proving that
I have no %!$#^$ life.

--
RL (Bob) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT Network+
NorthEast Ohio

Politician Spock

"RL (Bob) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> So we're ready to tackle our next challenge, which would
> be.certification (nope, not the mastering "ballroom dancing", which was

also
> on the list)!

Actually, it would be the ballroom dancing... at least according to my wife.

--
Politician Spock
MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

2003 Star Trek Federation. All rights reserved.

Rowdy Yates

"RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hopefully, most of us have gotten the hang of writing "/04" on checks
> and the like. So we're ready to tackle our next challenge, which
> would be.certification (nope, not the mastering "ballroom dancing",
> which was also on the list)!
>

> The next Certification study group will be this coming Monday, 12
> January, from 6-8pm. We'll be meeting at Tri-C's UTC, in room 222a
> (we'll keep an eye out for Pete Dixon). We meet each month on the 2nd
> Monday, so the next one after this will 9 February.
>
> There's no charge, or sales pitch or anything. Past meetings have had
> as few as two people, so it's a chance for you to pick the brain of an
> MCT/MCSE for a couple of hours (ok, it's my brain, so bring tweezers
> and a magnifying glass).
>

> Whether you're working on your MCSA, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, A+, Network+,
> CCNA, CNE.<phew>.I have some study materials for you to use.
> Everything from training to sample tests.
>

> I also have some posters from Microsoft that do a pretty good job of
> outlaying the difference certification paths and requirements. Free
> while supplies last!
>

> I do ask that people who plan to attend let me know what they're
> planning on studying so I can fake preparing.
>
> The meeting is sponsored by the Greater Cleveland PC Users Group
> (www.gcpcug.org). I happen to President of that group as well,
> proving that I have no %!$#^$ life.

Yes, please! I would like one of those! Can I still super size the coke &
fries if I use the $1.00 off coupon that you sent me in the mail? Last time
you guys told to f-off & die.

--
Rowdy Yates
MCSE, Security+, Linux+

Rowdy Yates

RL (Bob) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT wrote:

> aahhhhh---huh?

okay, i am sorry. that was uncalled for....

if i come to the study group with no shirt & tie, can i still address the
"newbies" in a condescending tone of voice?

--
Rowdy Yates
MCSE, Security+, Linux+
I am Against-TCPA
http://www.againsttcpa.com

Rowdy Yates

RL (Bob) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT wrote:

> Absolutely...and have fun doing it! Of course, IMHO it works best if you
> could juggle something while doing it. It doesn't have to anything
> dangerous, like chainsaws or the like (although that would be even
> better).

chainsaw juggling! yes!

i didn't know you were catering to the "lumberjack" market? i guess even
lumberjacks need to find a new career path after they cut down all the
tree's in your local conservation area.

don't forget "fire" entertainment as well. you can't discriminate against
the forest rangers.

you know what Bob? you are my kind of guy. Can we be best buddies? I like
the Doobie Brothers, how about you?
--
Rowdy Yates
MCSE, Security+, Linux+

RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT

aahhhhh---huh?

--
RL (Bob) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT
NorthEast Ohio

"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9469E6E533D5Drowdyyatesnospamlyco@207.46.2 48.16...
> "RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Hopefully, most of us have gotten the hang of writing "/04" on checks
> > and the like. So we're ready to tackle our next challenge, which
> > would be.certification (nope, not the mastering "ballroom dancing",
> > which was also on the list)!
> >

> > The next Certification study group will be this coming Monday, 12
> > January, from 6-8pm. We'll be meeting at Tri-C's UTC, in room 222a
> > (we'll keep an eye out for Pete Dixon). We meet each month on the 2nd
> > Monday, so the next one after this will 9 February.
> >
> > There's no charge, or sales pitch or anything. Past meetings have had
> > as few as two people, so it's a chance for you to pick the brain of an
> > MCT/MCSE for a couple of hours (ok, it's my brain, so bring tweezers
> > and a magnifying glass).
> >

> > Whether you're working on your MCSA, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, A+, Network+,
> > CCNA, CNE.<phew>.I have some study materials for you to use.
> > Everything from training to sample tests.
> >

> > I also have some posters from Microsoft that do a pretty good job of
> > outlaying the difference certification paths and requirements. Free
> > while supplies last!
> >

> > I do ask that people who plan to attend let me know what they're
> > planning on studying so I can fake preparing.
> >
> > The meeting is sponsored by the Greater Cleveland PC Users Group
> > (www.gcpcug.org). I happen to President of that group as well,
> > proving that I have no %!$#^$ life.
> >

> Yes, please! I would like one of those! Can I still super size the coke &
> fries if I use the $1.00 off coupon that you sent me in the mail? Last

time
> you guys told to f-off & die.
>
> --
> Rowdy Yates
> MCSE, Security+, Linux+
> I am Against-TCPA
> http://www.againsttcpa.com

RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT

Absolutely...and have fun doing it! Of course, IMHO it works best if you
could juggle something while doing it. It doesn't have to anything
dangerous, like chainsaws or the like (although that would be even better).

--
RL (Bob) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT
NorthEast Ohio
www.RLCoppedge.com
(E-Mail Removed)

"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> RL (Bob) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT wrote:
>
> > aahhhhh---huh?
> >

> okay, i am sorry. that was uncalled for....
>
> if i come to the study group with no shirt & tie, can i still address the
> "newbies" in a condescending tone of voice?
>
> --
> Rowdy Yates
> MCSE, Security+, Linux+
> I am Against-TCPA
> http://www.againsttcpa.com

RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT

First of all, they're not conservation areas...they're "forest management
domains."

Also, I'm not sure about lumberjacks...I mean, I guess they're ok.

But wow, yes! We can be buddies! That would be swell. Golly...we can go
to ball games, the park...maybe even a theme song!

Unfortunately, though, I can't say I like the Doobies...ever since I found
out that they are not in fact brothers, I can't trust anything they sing.

--
RL (Bob) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT
NorthEast Ohio
www.RLCoppedge.com
(E-Mail Removed)

"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> RL (Bob) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT wrote:
>
> > Absolutely...and have fun doing it! Of course, IMHO it works best if

you
> > could juggle something while doing it. It doesn't have to anything
> > dangerous, like chainsaws or the like (although that would be even
> > better).
> >

> chainsaw juggling! yes!
>
> i didn't know you were catering to the "lumberjack" market? i guess even
> lumberjacks need to find a new career path after they cut down all the
> tree's in your local conservation area.
>
> don't forget "fire" entertainment as well. you can't discriminate against
> the forest rangers.
>
> you know what Bob? you are my kind of guy. Can we be best buddies? I like
> the Doobie Brothers, how about you?
> --
> Rowdy Yates
> MCSE, Security+, Linux+
> I am Against-TCPA
> http://www.againsttcpa.com

Rowdy Yates

"RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

<snip>
> First of all, they're not conservation areas...they're "forest management
> domains."

</snip>

hey, i like that. pretty smooth...

<snip>
> Unfortunately, though, I can't say I like the Doobies...ever since I

found
> out that they are not in fact brothers, I can't trust anything they sing.

</snip>

how about these dudes then?

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...01081334311822
&sql=B68q8g4httv5z

if you're in, "we can stomp all night...."

--
Rowdy Yates
MCSE, Security+, Linux+

Ken Briscoe

<snip>

Holy smokes, Batman! A sense of humor! We haven't had anyone new with a
sense of humor in quite a while!

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26