Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Error message problem at boot-up.

Error message problem at boot-up.

Knut Arvid Keilen

When starting up Windows XP Home Edition on my oldest disc / partition,
I receive one or more of the following error messages :

RUNDLL
Error when loading C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~2\bar\b.bin\MWSBAR.DLL

RUNDLL
Error when loading C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~2\bar\1.bin\S4BAR.DLL

The closest I come up to this routine (or rather Internet Explorer toolbar)
when using Control Panel - Add / Remove Programs,
is My Web Search from the same name (My Web Search).

Web addresses are http://www.mywebsearch.com ,
http://helpint.mywebsearch.com ,
http://helpint.mywebsearch.com/intlinfo/help/help.jhtml and
http://helpint.mywebsearch.com/intlinfo/eula/eula.jhtml

This routine should not be confused with My Search Bar from My Search.
Web addresses are http://www.mysearch.com ,
http://help.mysearch.com/searchbar.html ,
http://www.mysearch.com/jsp/softwareterms.jsp

The installation files I have and use now are probably more recent than the
existing installation which is an old one.

The name of the files / directories in the structure differ as well.

When booting up and /or trying to uninstall from Control Panel - Add /
Remove Programs I get the RUNDLL error message(s) as stated above.

Since I have the most recent installation files from My Web Search (which
are the ones that I am currently dealing with),
I may decide whether or not this routine should run on my system or not.

My problem is this error message that I am receiving.

How do I get rid of this error message ?

Thanks in advice !

Regards,

Knut Arvid Keilen

Walter Mautner

Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:

> When starting up Windows XP Home Edition on my oldest disc / partition,
> I receive one or more of the following error messages :
>
> RUNDLL
> Error when loading C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~2\bar\b.bin\MWSBAR.DLL
>
> RUNDLL
> Error when loading C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~2\bar\1.bin\S4BAR.DLL
>
> The closest I come up to this routine (or rather Internet Explorer
> toolbar) when using Control Panel - Add / Remove Programs,
> is My Web Search from the same name (My Web Search).
>
> Web addresses are http://www.mywebsearch.com ,
> http://helpint.mywebsearch.com ,
> http://helpint.mywebsearch.com/intlinfo/help/help.jhtml and
> http://helpint.mywebsearch.com/intlinfo/eula/eula.jhtml

.... spyware, adware. Get rid of that.
You may go into IE options / programs, and disable all suspect activex
controls. Afterwards, download/update and run spybot s&d or adaware.

> My problem is this error message that I am receiving.
>
> How do I get rid of this error message ?

Maybe a start in "safe mode" and msconfig.