Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Disabling 1394

Disabling 1394

Karl Engel

When using my laptop wirelessly I'm aware I can save battery power by
disabling my LAN connection, but Network Connections shows a 1394 connection
at 400 Mbps. Isn't 1394 the firewire interface? It's not connected to
anything. Does this just mean that the firewire is enabled in case I wish to
connect something, and I can disable this to save more battery power?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Karl Engel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When using my laptop wirelessly I'm aware I can save battery power by
>disabling my LAN connection, but Network Connections shows a 1394 connection
>at 400 Mbps. Isn't 1394 the firewire interface? It's not connected to
>anything. Does this just mean that the firewire is enabled in case I wish to
>connect something, and I can disable this to save more battery power?

I have no use for firewire myself, I disabled it in the BIOS

..

--
Always on my mind
http://youtube.com/watch?v=15JAiqYQKJs