Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > anyone else having problems with aria.co.uk???

anyone else having problems with aria.co.uk???

breather

Normally they deliver next day. I ordered two weeks ago, payment was
taken but order is still showing up as processing, they haven't answered
emails or webform mail, and I can't get through on their fax number or
by phone. Is anyone else having problems with them??

why?

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:48:57 +0000, breather wrote:

>Normally they deliver next day. I ordered two weeks ago, payment was
>taken but order is still showing up as processing, they haven't answered
>emails or webform mail, and I can't get through on their fax number or
>by phone. Is anyone else having problems with them??

Hey what's up they care about thier customers
http://www.aria.co.uk/
Dear valuable customer,
I have recently upgraded our order processing and logistics system using
MS Navision. During the implementation of this software we have
experienced unforeseen problems with regards to picking orders for
dispatch.

You as our customer are extremely important to us and we have therefore
put extra measures in place to ensure all orders are manually handled to
expedite the process.

You may not want to check this out before ordering (oops) ,
www.google.com search for consumer aria.co.uk

http://www.google.com/search?q=consumer+aria.co.uk

Aria Technology Returns, Where do I stand? - Consumer Action Group
AJH, General Consumer Issues, 3, 10th July 2006 00:31. aria.co.uk -
Faulty Graphics card 17 months old, intersimi, Other Stores, 7, 8th June
2006 23:10 ...
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...rns-where.html
- 84k - Cached - Similar pages

aria.co.uk - Review - But it was a birthday present!!!
Read 48 reviews for aria.co.uk and make a good deal. ... I did the usual
angry consumer thing, emailed Watchdog and Trading Standards. ...
www.ciao.co.uk/aria_co_uk__Review_5541108 - 39k - Cached - Similar pages

unbeatable.co.uk : Read reviews and compare prices at Ciao.co.uk
.... Tvís etc, the choice of shopping sites for the consumer has never
been better! ... aria.co.uk. (+) Pretty good website (-) Awful customer
service, ...
www.ciao.co.uk/unbeatable_co_uk__76992 - 36k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.ciao.co.uk ]

Aria.co.uk - Retailer information - Pricerunner
Read consumer reviews (1) ∑ Write your own review ... Name, Aria.co.uk.
Head Office Address, Aria Technology. Aria House. 2 Belle Vue Avenue.
Pottery Lane. ...
www.pricerunner.co.uk/retailer/966/ - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

Gaming PC Advice [Archive] - AV Forums
Don't buy your system from aria.co.uk ... Last I heard they had rather a
lot of trading standards cases pending against them. ...
http://www.avforums.com/forums/archi.../t-431835.html - 12k - Cached -
Similar pages

Help choosing and building a PC [Archive] - AV Forums
Advise that you do a Google search for: overclockers +"trading
standards" ... http://www.aria.co.uk/ Look out for todayonly on scan and
deal for today on aria.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/archi.../t-389231.html - 9k - Cached -
Similar pages
[ More results from www.avforums.com ]

Me

breather

why? wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:48:57 +0000, breather wrote:
>
>> Normally they deliver next day. I ordered two weeks ago, payment was
>> taken but order is still showing up as processing, they haven't answered
>> emails or webform mail, and I can't get through on their fax number or
>> by phone. Is anyone else having problems with them??

> Hey what's up they care about thier customers
> http://www.aria.co.uk/
> Dear valuable customer,
> I have recently upgraded our order processing and logistics system using
> MS Navision. During the implementation of this software we have
> experienced unforeseen problems with regards to picking orders for
> dispatch.
>
> You as our customer are extremely important to us and we have therefore
> put extra measures in place to ensure all orders are manually handled to
> expedite the process.
>

> You may not want to check this out before ordering (oops) ,
> www.google.com search for consumer aria.co.uk
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=consumer+aria.co.uk

Do they have more disgruntleds than any other online retailer?? I've
heard a lot of complaints about Ebuyer for example but have bought a lot
from them without significant problem.

I've used Aria quite a few times without problem for years including a
recent return which they handled very efficiently.

why?

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:12:10 +0000, breather wrote:

>why? wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:48:57 +0000, breather wrote:
>>
>>> Normally they deliver next day. I ordered two weeks ago, payment was
>>> taken but order is still showing up as processing, they haven't answered
>>> emails or webform mail, and I can't get through on their fax number or
>>> by phone. Is anyone else having problems with them??

>> Hey what's up they care about thier customers
>> http://www.aria.co.uk/
>> Dear valuable customer,
>> I have recently upgraded our order processing and logistics system using
>> MS Navision. During the implementation of this software we have
>> experienced unforeseen problems with regards to picking orders for
>> dispatch.

<snip>

>Do they have more disgruntleds than any other online retailer?? I've

Wouldn't know, haven't counted.

>heard a lot of complaints about Ebuyer for example but have bought a lot
>from them without significant problem.

Despite postings, don't know anyone that has and I had only 1 minor
issue with ebuyer.

>I've used Aria quite a few times without problem for years including a
>recent return which they handled very efficiently.

Makes a change then. I generally reject 99% of online retailers no
matter what price how good things look like for the bigger more well
known places.

Me

breather

> On Feb 20, 3:48 pm, breather <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Normally they deliver next day. I ordered two weeks ago, payment was
>> taken but order is still showing up as processing, they haven't answered
>> emails or webform mail, and I can't get through on their fax number or
>> by phone. Is anyone else having problems with them??

> Don't get me going, I placed an order on 16th and still no sign of
> delivery. Apparently they have a new system and it's not printing the
> labels. The irritating thing is that I have called them a number of
> times since and was going to cancel my order but they promised to
> deliver it the next day. Two days later and over an hour on the phone
> I'm still waiting.
>
> It's not fair to take out furstration on the poor sods in customer
> services (bet they are as miffed with the issues as we are) but why
> their management cannot get thing moving even if it means getting off
> their backsides and doing some work by writing out the labels if that
> is really the problem.
>
> I have used a number of companies and unless I see some goodwill from
> Aria I will take my business elsewhere. In the meantime I have wasted
> time, used leave and am getting more miffed as time ticks by (I've had
> a look at the orders on City Link and assuming that the numbes are
> sequential why have subsequent orders been delivered and not mine?).

The CS people don't seem to bright though. I got an email quoting my
request that they refund me and cancel the order AND telling me they
would dispatch the order when a certain item came into stock (an item in
stock when I ordered and which they have charged me for over two weeks ago.

Also worrying is the fact that the fax number they list on their site
(0161 225 7445) has been unobtainable for a few days now . . . and that
the CS number still gives a message about high volumes of calls and
answering shortly - even if you ring it in the early hours . . . sounds
like more than label printing problems.

What other companies would you recommend?? I've been happy with Ebuyer
on the whole, but using Aria a bit as they had things Ebuyer didn't.

warrenem4 warrenem4 is offline
Junior Member

[QUOTE=breather;2739492](E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Feb 20, 3:48 pm, breather <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Normally they deliver next day. I ordered two weeks ago, payment was
>> taken but order is still showing up as processing, they haven't answered
>> emails or webform mail, and I can't get through on their fax number or
>> by phone. Is anyone else having problems with them??

> Don't get me going, I placed an order on 16th and still no sign of
> delivery. Apparently they have a new system and it's not printing the
> labels. The irritating thing is that I have called them a number of
> times since and was going to cancel my order but they promised to
> deliver it the next day. Two days later and over an hour on the phone
> I'm still waiting.
>
> It's not fair to take out furstration on the poor sods in customer
> services (bet they are as miffed with the issues as we are) but why
> their management cannot get thing moving even if it means getting off
> their backsides and doing some work by writing out the labels if that
> is really the problem.
>
> I have used a number of companies and unless I see some goodwill from
> Aria I will take my business elsewhere. In the meantime I have wasted
> time, used leave and am getting more miffed as time ticks by (I've had
> a look at the orders on City Link and assuming that the numbes are
> sequential why have subsequent orders been delivered and not mine?).

The CS people don't seem to bright though. I got an email quoting my
request that they refund me and cancel the order AND telling me they
would dispatch the order when a certain item came into stock (an item in
stock when I ordered and which they have charged me for over two weeks ago.

Also worrying is the fact that the fax number they list on their site
(0161 225 7445) has been unobtainable for a few days now . . . and that
the CS number still gives a message about high volumes of calls and
answering shortly - even if you ring it in the early hours . . . sounds
like more than label printing problems.

What other companies would you recommend?? I've been happy with Ebuyer
on the whole, but using Aria a bit as they had things Ebuyer didn't.[/QUOTE.

I don't know what's going on with Aria at the moment ..i ordered an item on the 14th Feb - it never arrived, i rang them and they said it had been damaged in delivery we will ship you another on monday, monday came and went as did tuesday,wednesday and thursday on the friday i rang them again and was told that they were waiting for the damaged one back from the delivery company and would ship me a new one on monday........
well monday came and went as did tuesday, wednesday , thursday, friday ...i was really patient and even waited until tuesday the third of march but yet no delivery, so i rang them again spoke to a customer service member of staff who told me they had a claim outstanding against the courier but no item had been dispatched to myself ...he seemed quite puzzled ...so this time i asked for a refund...well it's now the 10th march and i asked for a refund on the 3rd and as of yet there's no sign of any money coming back to me or anything being delivered ....they've got until tuesday next week then i'm gonna go ballistic on them ......it's a shame as i am planning to build a new pc this year with a budget of 4.5k - my pal is also planning on building a pc later on with a budget of 5.5k and i don't think we will be using aria to buy any of our parts .......if you work for aria and you read this then you've got my email address and telephone number try using them to get in touch and sort out my order!!