Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Security+ vs 70-220

Security+ vs 70-220

Brendan

Hi Folks.
I am one exam away from completing my MCSE. I've been
studying to do the 70-220 exam, but am now considering
doing the CompTIA Security+ exam. How will will affect my
cert? Better than MCSE+Security? More marketable? Please
advise.

Thanks
Brendan

Don't You Wish

Why not take both?

"Brendan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:012801c3d4e7$da05c150$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Folks.
> I am one exam away from completing my MCSE. I've been
> studying to do the 70-220 exam, but am now considering
> doing the CompTIA Security+ exam. How will will affect my
> cert? Better than MCSE+Security? More marketable? Please
> advise.
>
> Thanks
> Brendan

Marko

Brendan: In case you have trouble taking advice from a
jackass, I would suggest that he is offering you very good
guidance on this occasion.

Consultant

i see you have resulted to colorful name calling, nice
--
Consultant, MCNGP Founding Father
Lead Thug, Public Enemy #1

"Marko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:083301c3d4f7$3cb8cae0$(E-Mail Removed)...

> [...]

Nettransplant

Security+ exam is 225.00 while 70-220 is 125.00.
220 was really easy after 70-214. I did some security + studying and believe
if you pass 214 you could challenge Security+ and most likely pass.

"Brendan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:012801c3d4e7$da05c150$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Folks.
> I am one exam away from completing my MCSE. I've been
> studying to do the 70-220 exam, but am now considering
> doing the CompTIA Security+ exam. How will will affect my
> cert? Better than MCSE+Security? More marketable? Please
> advise.
>
> Thanks
> Brendan

Marko

You may have missed the bit where the previous poster is
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed). I did the first few times he posted
until someone else pointed it out about a week ago as well
while also pointing out that it is hard to take
a "jackass" seriously.

Rowdy Yates

Brendan wrote:

> Hi Folks.
> I am one exam away from completing my MCSE. I've been
> studying to do the 70-220 exam, but am now considering
> doing the CompTIA Security+ exam. How will will affect my
> cert? Better than MCSE+Security? More marketable? Please
> advise.
>
> Thanks
> Brendan

congrats.

the security+ is vendor neutral while the 70-220 is vendor specific, meaning
Microsoft products. i would advise, if you plan to be working on microsoft
products & get a better understanding of their security concepts &
procedures, go with 70-220, if you want a more broad & general
understanding of security CBK domains, go with Sec+. It gives a pretty good
into. to the domains, IMHO.

I did the Sec+ because I am looking at other higher non-Microsoft certs.

good luck.

p.s. the 70-220 is a design exam! i found the design exam format to be the
most difficult of the ms exams.

--
Rowdy Yates
MCSE, Security+, Linux+

Consultant

fair enough

--
Consultant, MCNGP Founding Father
Lead Thug, Public Enemy #1
www.mcngp.tk

"Marko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0c5e01c3d575$6005ab20$(E-Mail Removed)...

> [...]

Tom Helms [MSFT]

The Security + test is more comparable with 70-214.

--
Tom Helms [MSFT]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights."Please
do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only."

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...