Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Out of the Blue! screen of death?

Out of the Blue! screen of death?

Joe_Z

In the past 3 or 4 months I've gotten a few blue screens while just surfing
the net, if I remember corectly it happens when I click to down load a file
mainly, I'm useing slim browser lite and it's up to date, I think I saw
something on either digg or slashdot about this starting recently, any one
read about this or are getting BSOD just doing nothing really hard on the
net? thanks...Joe

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Slashdot http://tinyurl.com/2bhrsj
Digg.com http://tinyurl.com/24843j
--
Always on my mind
http://youtube.com/watch?v=15JAiqYQKJs

Zebraloc

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 01:51:01 GMT, "Joe_Z" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In the past 3 or 4 months I've gotten a few blue screens while just surfing
>the net, if I remember corectly it happens when I click to down load a file
>mainly, I'm useing slim browser lite and it's up to date, I think I saw
>something on either digg or slashdot about this starting recently, any one
>read about this or are getting BSOD just doing nothing really hard on the
>net? thanks...Joe

Google Memtest. It will direct you to make a bootable floppy or CD
where you can test your RAM for any errors. RAM errors can cause the
BSOD. Once the bad stick of RAM is gone, so are the BSODs. At least
that's my experience.

Joe_Z

many thanks!

"Zebraloc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 01:51:01 GMT, "Joe_Z" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>In the past 3 or 4 months I've gotten a few blue screens while just
>>surfing
>>the net, if I remember corectly it happens when I click to down load a
>>file
>>mainly, I'm useing slim browser lite and it's up to date, I think I saw
>>something on either digg or slashdot about this starting recently, any one
>>read about this or are getting BSOD just doing nothing really hard on the
>>net? thanks...Joe

> Google Memtest. It will direct you to make a bootable floppy or CD
> where you can test your RAM for any errors. RAM errors can cause the
> BSOD. Once the bad stick of RAM is gone, so are the BSODs. At least
> that's my experience.

Joe_Z

thank you! for the search tip...Joe