Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DVI Monitor Compatibility

DVI Monitor Compatibility

garolittle

I have a 20-inch Dell 2007WPF flat-panel monitor with DVI
capabilities. I am considering purchasing a Dell Deminsion E520 cpu
but the picutres do not show a DVI plug-in. Does anyone know if a
Dell Deminsion E520 will support the DVI capabilities of this
monitor? Thanks for any information.

Ingeborg

garolittle wrote:

> I have a 20-inch Dell 2007WPF flat-panel monitor with DVI
> capabilities. I am considering purchasing a Dell Deminsion E520 cpu
> but the picutres do not show a DVI plug-in. Does anyone know if a
> Dell Deminsion E520 will support the DVI capabilities of this
> monitor?

According to the Tech Specs
<http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_e520?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19>
it has a DVI connector.

garolittle

Thanks ingeborg. You are correct. However, take a close look at the
photo listed and it only shows the blue plug-in which is typical of a
VGA monitor. Is it possible that this is a VGA and DVI plug in?
Thanks for the quick response.

> According to the Tech Specs
> <http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_e520?c...>
> it has a DVI connector.

Ancient Trojan

"garolittle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Thanks ingeborg. You are correct. However, take a close look at the
> photo listed and it only shows the blue plug-in which is typical of a
> VGA monitor. Is it possible that this is a VGA and DVI plug in?
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
>> According to the Tech Specs
>> <http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_e520?c...>
>> it has a DVI connector.

I'm not sure what pictures you are looking at but that Dell model is
equipped with a 256MB PCI Express NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE which
has DVI, VGA and S-Video. It meets all your requirements.
On this link scroll through it's tech specs and for graphics click
the "Learn more" button:
http://www.dell.com:80/content/produ...x/dimen_e520?c

garolittle

On Feb 17, 2:59 pm, "Ancient Trojan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "garolittle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>
> > Thanks ingeborg. You are correct. However, take a close look at the
> > photo listed and it only shows the blue plug-in which is typical of a
> > VGA monitor. Is it possible that this is a VGA and DVI plug in?
> > Thanks for the quick response.

> >> According to the Tech Specs
> >> <http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_e520?c...>
> >> it has a DVI connector.

> I'm not sure what pictures you are looking at but that Dell model is
> equipped with a 256MB PCI Express NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE which
> has DVI, VGA and S-Video. It meets all your requirements.
> On this link scroll through it's tech specs and for graphics click
> the "Learn more" button:http://www.dell.com:80/content/produ...x/dimen_e520?c

Thanks. I think I am all set. I really appreciate the feedback.

DVD Player D1 connector to DVI monitor somewildmonkey@yahoo.com DVD Video 0 07-26-2005 08:35 AM
Dual DVI PCI Express Video Card compatibility wewa Windows 64bit 2 05-18-2005 03:01 PM
TFT monitor and dvi B Computer Support 2 05-18-2004 07:11 PM
dvi monitor john374999 Computer Support 3 10-20-2003 08:37 AM

Advertisments