Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Data recovery problem

Reply
Thread Tools

Data recovery problem

 
 
kevin_476
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-15-2007

I posted last week about my computer (15" pbook g4 1.33 GHz) crashing.
called Mac outfitters today to see how the repairs/stauts was on m
machine. They said that the hard drive needs replaced as well as th
optical drive (I just had a new optical drive installed 6 months ago!)
They said they tried a few ways to get the data off but that they nee
to try several other things, too. Apparently there hasn't been any dat
retrieved thus far. As you can imagine Iím really nervous/upset/worrie
about this. I have heard through several people that there is always
way to get the data off and that sometimes you have to send it away t
a company that specializes in this. I guess my question is: do thes
places really work? I really don't care what the price is...I just nee
all of my lost data. Any thoughts or recommendations of a place to sen
my hard drive if Mac outfitters cannot successfully mine my data

--
kevin_47
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
kevin_476's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=78
View this thread: http://www.futurehardware.in/showthread.php?t=57203

Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.i

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mistoffolees
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-15-2007

kevin_476 wrote:

> I posted last week about my computer (15" pbook g4 1.33 GHz) crashing. I
> called Mac outfitters today to see how the repairs/stauts was on my
> machine. They said that the hard drive needs replaced as well as the
> optical drive (I just had a new optical drive installed 6 months ago!).
> They said they tried a few ways to get the data off but that they need
> to try several other things, too. Apparently there hasn't been any data
> retrieved thus far. As you can imagine Iím really nervous/upset/worried
> about this. I have heard through several people that there is always a
> way to get the data off and that sometimes you have to send it away to
> a company that specializes in this. I guess my question is: do these
> places really work? I really don't care what the price is...I just need
> all of my lost data. Any thoughts or recommendations of a place to send
> my hard drive if Mac outfitters cannot successfully mine my data?
>
>


If the technies have not figured out how to get the data out of the hard
drive, then the time is now to get it out of their hands and into those of
a professional data recovery outfit. Period. Look in advertisement pages of
any computer magazine, the Yellow pages; do a Google search, etc. The real
danger is having amateurs mess up the hard drive further, making recovery
impossible.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
aaron_us96
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-16-2007

Yes, these places really work. They use techniques which can include th
disassembly of the drive and direct examination of the drive surface
Depending on just what is necessary (it is unlikely that your driv
requires anything that extreme, but hard drives that have been throug
fires often do), it could be several thousand dollars. I most certainl
hope more conventional methods of data recovery will prove effective
There are many companies doing data recovery services. Try Salvag
Recovery Lab. I contacted them once and I got my problem solved. The
got 90% of my data back. I was extremely happy to get my data back
You can call them at 1 203-973-0242. I think you will have to send th
drive physically

--
aaron_us9
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
aaron_us96's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=77
View this thread: http://www.futurehardware.in/showthread.php?t=57203

Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.i

 
Reply With Quote
 
RANDY AND CHRISTIE EGGLESTON
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-17-2007
quit sending to our site unless it is needed so or i will chave you charged
with stalking
"aaron_us96" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Yes, these places really work. They use techniques which can include the
> disassembly of the drive and direct examination of the drive surface.
> Depending on just what is necessary (it is unlikely that your drive
> requires anything that extreme, but hard drives that have been through
> fires often do), it could be several thousand dollars. I most certainly
> hope more conventional methods of data recovery will prove effective.
> There are many companies doing data recovery services. Try Salvage
> Recovery Lab. I contacted them once and I got my problem solved. They
> got 90% of my data back. I was extremely happy to get my data back.
> You can call them at 1 203-973-0242. I think you will have to send the
> drive physically.
>
>
> --
> aaron_us96
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> aaron_us96's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=775
> View this thread: http://www.futurehardware.in/showthread.php?t=572037
>
> Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.in
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Shinola
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-17-2007
RANDY AND CHRISTIE EGGLESTON puked:

>quit sending to our site unless it is needed so or i will chave you charged
>with stalking



What are you babbling about?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Walter Mautner
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-17-2007
RANDY AND CHRISTIE EGGLESTON wrote:

> quit sending to our site unless it is needed so or i will chave you
> charged with stalking


The "From:" line is
From: "RANDY AND CHRISTIE EGGLESTON" <(E-Mail Removed)>

All flames and spams belong to you. Now look for the original package your
computer came with, and take it back to the shop or donate it to a poor
student. Don't forget to cancel your earthlink subscription as well.
--
vista policy violation: Microsoft optical mouse found penguin patterns
on mousepad. Partition scan in progress to remove offending
incompatible products. Reactivate MS software.
Linux 2.6.17-mm1,Xorg7.1/nvidia [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
 
Reply With Quote
 
WhzzKdd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-17-2007
Walter Mautner wrote:
> RANDY AND CHRISTIE EGGLESTON wrote:
>
>> quit sending to our site unless it is needed so or i will chave you
>> charged with stalking

>
> The "From:" line is
> From: "RANDY AND CHRISTIE EGGLESTON" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
> All flames and spams belong to you. Now look for the original package
> your computer came with, and take it back to the shop or donate it to
> a poor student. Don't forget to cancel your earthlink subscription as
> well.


And pick a different team. Dallas sucks.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Start your Own "Data Recovery" Business, beacome a Data Recovery Professional Author Tarun Tyagi Computer Support 1 04-03-2009 03:34 AM
Data Recovery SOURCE CODE ( SOURCE CODES of Professional Data Recovery Software ) Author Tarun Tyagi Cisco 0 12-29-2004 05:03 PM
Data Recovery Book and Online Business Promotion, Products Sales Promotion, Search Engine Optimization and Online Data Recovery Training services Author Tarun Tyagi Cisco 0 12-15-2004 01:52 AM
Digital Image Recovery and Memory Stick Recovery; Recovery of Lost Photos Digital Image Recovery Computer Support 1 09-10-2004 04:43 PM
Digital Image Recovery and Memory Stick Recovery; Recovery of Lost Photos Digital Image Recovery Digital Photography 0 09-10-2004 04:21 PM



Advertisments