Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Port Forwarding With Wireless Internet/Windows Vista Home Premium

Port Forwarding With Wireless Internet/Windows Vista Home Premium

Haataja@gmail.com

I've been trying to forward a port so i can become connectable in
utorrent. I recently bought a new laptop that came with windows vista
installed on it. I connect to the internet through a cable modem
connected to a router (Dlink 804HV) that has an apple airport express
connected to it for my wireless networking. I need help

a) setting up a static ip for my laptop
b) forwarding a port so i can become clever.

If anyone could help me i would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Mr. Arnold

> I've been trying to forward a port so i can become connectable in
> utorrent. I recently bought a new laptop that came with windows vista
> installed on it. I connect to the internet through a cable modem
> connected to a router (Dlink 804HV) that has an apple airport express
> connected to it for my wireless networking. I need help
>
> a) setting up a static ip for my laptop
> b) forwarding a port so i can become clever.
>
> If anyone could help me i would appreciate it.

http://support.dlink.com/default.asp?orig=1

Do you see the *Knowledge Base* at the top of the page? If you ask a
question, it will give you an answer.

http://support.dlink.com/chooseCountry.asp

You should choose a country, get a phone number and make the call to
Tech Support or email them.

Yes, you should be *clever* and do the right thing.

Budweiser

step by step here
http://portforward.com/routers.htm

just choose your router etc